Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

N/A G23 hp/tq numbers??

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default N/A G23 hp/tq numbers??

Hey,
I would like to know how much hp/tq those a NA G23 puts down.. Anyone that have the G23 please post your HP/TQ Number with Proof and your Setup... Thanx for you help...
Old 02-06-2010, 03:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: N/A G23 hp/tq numbers??

SEARCH!...........
G23 H2B
Old 02-06-2010, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

did that no luck
Old 02-06-2010, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What good guys any real numbers???? I want to do the build but just want to know what power its going to put down..
Old 02-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Redline4Life
What good guys any real numbers???? I want to do the build but just want to know what power its going to put down..
NAH2B made 326whp so far and is shooting for 350+whp with his "big motor"

That enough for you?
Old 02-06-2010, 06:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SergEK
NAH2B made 326whp so far and is shooting for 350+whp with his "big motor"

That enough for you?
i dont remember nah2b having a f series block. i think he had h23. i know pirate mcfred did that build i think he had it in the all motor section
Old 02-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by crazes
i dont remember nah2b having a f series block. i think he had h23. i know pirate mcfred did that build i think he had it in the all motor section
H/F are interchangable....basically its an H22 head with a big block...yes the F series is slightly different but the configurations are close

NAH2Bs setup is similar to an F build of that size with an H head...his "big" motor is something to shoot for in terms of size for me....cant wait to see his results

The bottom line is if you build an H or an F bottom setup 300+whp should be possible with supporting mods

The OP is window shopping so he is looking to see if its "worth it"

IMO there is no other B series trans equipped way thats cheaper NA...so Im sold but many guys will stick to B series and spend $$$$ because they cant let go...the rest will build h?F motors larger and more powerful for the same or less money than previous B setups.

I refuse to get stuck with a cable trans....yuk
Old 02-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

H/F are interchangable....basically its an H22 head with a big block...yes the F series is slightly different but the configurations are close

NAH2Bs setup is similar to an F build of that size with an H head...his "big" motor is something to shoot for in terms of size for me....cant wait to see his results

The bottom line is if you build an H or an F bottom setup 300+whp should be possible with supporting mods

The OP is window shopping so he is looking to see if its "worth it"

IMO there is no other B series trans equipped way thats cheaper NA...so Im sold but many guys will stick to B series and spend $$$$ because they cant let go...the rest will build h?F motors larger and more powerful for the same or less money than previous B setups.

I refuse to get stuck with a cable trans....yuk
Great Information... I seen NAH2Bs thread and wasn't sure if the F and the H were the same. Have seen other threads from pirate mcfred and other members that was doing G23/G22 turbo builds. Spoke to a few speed shops in my area and they're telling me 220-250hp which really sucks compared to 300+ Kseries. Am tired of seeing Kseries this Kseries that, just want to build somthing that will put them down a notch or two.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Redline4Life
Great Information... I seen NAH2Bs thread and wasn't sure if the F and the H were the same. Have seen other threads from pirate mcfred and other members that was doing G23/G22 turbo builds. Spoke to a few speed shops in my area and they're telling me 220-250hp which really sucks compared to 300+ Kseries. Am tired of seeing Kseries this Kseries that, just want to build somthing that will put them down a notch or two.
Most K guys are having tranny issues at that power level anyway

I would rather build a big H/F motor to 350+whp and use a B series trans....the Ks have nice heads, thats for sure...but ultimately the H head is no joke...I see NAH2B running 9s in the next year or two...hopefully sooner rather than later but you get the idea...the street Ks are a few tenths quicker but in the coming months I see the "big" motor eclipsing their times.

While I applaud the K guys for putting in work, I myself am super excited to keep the rod shifted B series trans thats be proven over and over.

If these "speed shops" are capping H/F builds at 250 - take your money somewhere else with the knowledge to back you up.....RLZ has been doing some amazing work on H heads now....talk to NAH2B about building a motor and what he thinks...his setup is less than 5K and Im sure he can point you in the right direction, he has always been willing to help those who dont take advantage of his time/advice.

As soon as I scrape together some disposable income I will be looking at a "big" street motor...but I wont bug those guys till I have cash in hand. Their time is finite.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Most K guys are having tranny issues at that power level anyway

I would rather build a big H/F motor to 350+whp and use a B series trans....the Ks have nice heads, thats for sure...but ultimately the H head is no joke...I see NAH2B running 9s in the next year or two...hopefully sooner rather than later but you get the idea...the street Ks are a few tenths quicker but in the coming months I see the "big" motor eclipsing their times.

While I applaud the K guys for putting in work, I myself am super excited to keep the rod shifted B series trans thats be proven over and over.

If these "speed shops" are capping H/F builds at 250 - take your money somewhere else with the knowledge to back you up.....RLZ has been doing some amazing work on H heads now....talk to NAH2B about building a motor and what he thinks...his setup is less than 5K and Im sure he can point you in the right direction, he has always been willing to help those who dont take advantage of his time/advice.

As soon as I scrape together some disposable income I will be looking at a "big" street motor...but I wont bug those guys till I have cash in hand. Their time is finite.
True, think i would do the same. It will give me time to do more research....
Old 02-09-2010, 04:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Good luck with your setup.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i've heard 250hp is a good goal for g23. i myself im wondering how would u get a NA g23 to 300+ hp all motor on pump gas? seems like u would have to take the compression so high it would be race fuel only.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Mutiny1
i've heard 250hp is a good goal for g23. i myself im wondering how would u get a NA g23 to 300+ hp all motor on pump gas? seems like u would have to take the compression so high it would be race fuel only.
250hp is a good number but am building a track car, i need more hp to go against the K.
Its like trying to catch a ghost, lol.. Some people say 220hp , some people say 250hp max, and some people say 300+.. Right now i just want proof, a dyno sheet or something. I need facts, am tired of word of mouth. LoL..
Old 02-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Kyle@KR-TFab
Good luck with your setup.
thanks... what type of fab work you do???
Old 02-10-2010, 02:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

by the way randy has an h22 block to be offical
Old 02-11-2010, 04:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well my build should be done within the next week ill let you know what i make
Old 02-11-2010, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jakefalcons
well my build should be done within the next week ill let you know what i make
whats your setup????
Old 02-11-2010, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

f23a1 block bored to 87mm, 12.5 wiseco kseries pistons, crower rods, micro-polished crank, arp headstuds, kaizen balance shaft removal kit, h22 head with skunk2 pro valve train and pro 3 cams, skunk2 k series intake, 750 new style bosch injectors, 70mm throttlebody, qsd h2b kit, ys1 tranny with hydro gsr gears ls 5th and mfactory lsd, hmf replica drag header, 3 inch exhaust, 3 inch cold air intake with bosch velocity stack, watermeth/injection, walbro hp fuel pump, all gonna be tuned on a neptune chipped ecu. I'm hoping with meth injection to try running it with 87 octane. all in a da. I basically was going for the same build jdm ef9 did in his original g23 writeup, then got a little carried away ><
Old 02-11-2010, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jakefalcons
f23a1 block bored to 87mm, 12.5 wiseco kseries pistons, crower rods, micro-polished crank, arp headstuds, kaizen balance shaft removal kit, h22 head with skunk2 pro valve train and pro 3 cams, skunk2 k series intake, 750 new style bosch injectors, 70mm throttlebody, qsd h2b kit, ys1 tranny with hydro gsr gears ls 5th and mfactory lsd, hmf replica drag header, 3 inch exhaust, 3 inch cold air intake with bosch velocity stack, watermeth/injection, walbro hp fuel pump, all gonna be tuned on a neptune chipped ecu. I'm hoping with meth injection to try running it with 87 octane. all in a da. I basically was going for the same build jdm ef9 did in his original g23 writeup, then got a little carried away ><
Nice.....
Old 02-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright, I looked all this info up, because I too was going to swap to a G23. However, I've come to find that it is just a pain in the ***. First off, the magic numbers I have seen are 220-250hp, and that's all I'd expect. Many people expect to make around 300hp, by throwing in different rods and pistons aside from the K20 rods and pistons. The fact of the matter is, they end up around 230-250hp. There are a select few making around 300hp, but that is after a lot of money and custom fab, and pain in the ***. My friend just bought an F23 swapped EJ, and everything looked fine. We put it up on a lift, come to find the axles rub, much of the **** doesn't fit the best. The motor is just far to different to fit in the shell "perfectly," but it does run well. The motor sits a bit far back, and I read many stories on axles breaking, because they aren't meant for this sort of setup. Picture 220+hp and much more torque on the axles... Ouch. BTW, the kid he bought the car off of is the same kid that helped build a lot of Chris Bolis' G23 whip.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

And to add... After talking to the guy myself, he told me to stick with a K, or B swap, because parts are difficult to come buy for these swaps, and that all the fab work is a pain in the *** for something not much better than the K or B. Cable trannies suck, and the H2B adapters aren't cheap. Aside from that, after all the money is spent on the G swap, you might as well have just went K, or even a beastly B swap...
http://www.importtuner.com/tech/impp...dge/index.html
http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=29439
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/s...d.php?p=222899
Old 02-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by bmxkills
And to add... After talking to the guy myself, he told me to stick with a K, or B swap, because parts are difficult to come buy for these swaps, and that all the fab work is a pain in the *** for something not much better than the K or B. Cable trannies suck, and the H2B adapters aren't cheap. Aside from that, after all the money is spent on the G swap, you might as well have just went K, or even a beastly B swap...
http://www.importtuner.com/tech/impp...dge/index.html
http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=29439
http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/s...d.php?p=222899
see thats the numbers i seen and was told..
Old 02-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Then those are the numbers I'd plan on getting. They are extremely good for all motor, and the price isn't rediculous for those numbers, but just rememeber... Everything is custom made, parts are hard to come by to fit (headers, etc), most things will need to be fabbed again, and like I said, the axle issue. For Civics, the axles are an integra half shaft with prelude internals (correct me if I'm wrong)? Or, for that money, you could turbo a B-Series, and get something similar, with more hp...
Old 02-13-2010, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by bmxkills
The H2B swaps with the QSD kits havent had any trouble that I am aware of and the adapter kit is a whopping 750...hardly life altering considering the larger H builds have yielded results similar to 10K+ B series builds for HALF the cost or less

I have yet to see a simple homegrown B series build similar to NAH2Bs setup in terms of power production...2.3L 326+whp....maybe a custom deckplate motor....but not a simple build.

NA stuff has never really been easy or cheap -- which is why so many people come here bouncing ideas off eachother...instead of spending a fortune on a B build you can make more power for less money with an H build...thats a fact unless you steal B series parts or get them at crack head prices/free

Just the headwork alone on a B series can blow a budget QUICKLY to come close to stock H series flow

Its boiled down to cubes over the past few years -- given a wall of cfm in the heads it was a matter of swelling engine sizes...right now I dont think anyone in the NA hunt is using less than a 2.2L (10/9 sec range) with many folks going 2.4L+

I just dont see a somewhat normal B series being in the hunt at those elevated displacement ranks...

You can list a B series build with retail prices and see what you come up with...no where near cheap shooting for 300+whp...yet so many NA threads have guys building Bs when in the end they will spend a ton of cash and not get near the larger 2.3-2.4L+ builds....sad really

As far as proof goes....10.8@126+ in a street class hatch NA...326whp...thats all the proof you should need...I have yet to see any B series street class hatch do that (full glass, no cutting etc..)

Lots of 2XX and running 11's though...
Old 02-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The H2B swaps with the QSD kits havent had any trouble that I am aware of and the adapter kit is a whopping 750...hardly life altering considering the larger H builds have yielded results similar to 10K+ B series builds for HALF the cost or less

I have yet to see a simple homegrown B series build similar to NAH2Bs setup in terms of power production...2.3L 326+whp....maybe a custom deckplate motor....but not a simple build.

NA stuff has never really been easy or cheap -- which is why so many people come here bouncing ideas off eachother...instead of spending a fortune on a B build you can make more power for less money with an H build...thats a fact unless you steal B series parts or get them at crack head prices/free

Just the headwork alone on a B series can blow a budget QUICKLY to come close to stock H series flow

Its boiled down to cubes over the past few years -- given a wall of cfm in the heads it was a matter of swelling engine sizes...right now I dont think anyone in the NA hunt is using less than a 2.2L (10/9 sec range) with many folks going 2.4L+

I just dont see a somewhat normal B series being in the hunt at those elevated displacement ranks...

You can list a B series build with retail prices and see what you come up with...no where near cheap shooting for 300+whp...yet so many NA threads have guys building Bs when in the end they will spend a ton of cash and not get near the larger 2.3-2.4L+ builds....sad really

As far as proof goes....10.8@126+ in a street class hatch NA...326whp...thats all the proof you should need...I have yet to see any B series street class hatch do that (full glass, no cutting etc..)

Lots of 2XX and running 11's though...
We all know that the Bs are getting blown out by the bigger displacement motors. I think Redline4Life wanted to know can the G23 setup produce the same number as the Kseries. I seen a few article about Bisi F22 motor build thats generates some good number and thats without Vtec. Displacement is king and will always be.

Quick Reply: N/A G23 hp/tq numbers??