Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Osaka experience (search words-they suck)

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Osaka experience (search words-they suck)

Cliff notes at bottom.

I called Osaka on 1/23/03 to see if they have a B16A1 with LSD tranny. I spoke with Mike (very hard to understand-more on that later). He told me that he had a very nice motor in stock and he gave me a price of $1500 to my door. Gave him my credit card information and tax id number (for customs) and thought the deal was over. He calls me back and tells me the credit card charge was rejected, but I figured I had a $1000 limit. He told me he would charge $900 today, $600 tommorrow. About ten minutes later I check my online statement, and there is a charge of $900 (clears to Osaka the next day for $969) and on 1/24/03 another charge for $600 that clears again the following day to Osaka for $560. I figure everything is done, but wonder why the $29 extra was charged.

1/28/03 Mike calls me back. He tells me that he does not have a B16A1 with a LSD and that he would send me a non LSD and the extra $150 back. I told him that I do not want the non-LSD swap and to refund my money. He told me that he would send out a company check. I told him that he should just refund the money on the card. He told me that he would send a check. I told him I wanted the refund directly to the card. He seemed pissed at this point and told me he wanted to check the "other" warehouse. I asked him why he didn't do that before I wanted my money back, and I wanted the order completely cancelled and refund the charges to the card. The whole company check battle started again and I basically told him to refund the card.

1/29/03-Mike calls me and leaves a message on my lunch break. I call back, ask for Mike. Mike is put on the phone and I tell him my name and that I am returning his call. He says "I called you? so what you want tracking number oh oh wait." Phone goes to hold, then I am forwarded to John. John tells me that their credit card machine does not have a refund function. He tells me that they will send a check. I have used three different credit card reader machines and they all had a refund/credit button. I told him that I do not want the check. I told John to call the number that is on the credit card machine and tell the company that you have a very upset customer who is irate and threating legal action. Mike calls back later in the day and tells me that the refund has been made to my card. It is now after the business day on 1/30/03 and the refund has still not been made to my account. So I will have to go to my bank tommorrow and figure out the situation.

A couple things:

Mike was the main person I dealt with each time I called. It seemed to me that English may be his second or third language. He was terribly hard to understand and had a hard time understanding me.

The reason I don't want the check is that my account's monthly charges are determined by the amount of activity. A $900+ charge and a $600+ charge can cost me $3 each on certain months. I also picture them sending me a check that bounces, is in Canadian funds, or that my bank will not accept (routing number problems since it is from Canada). Also, they messed up, they should handle the situation I sholdn't have to do anything to help them fix their mistake.

Do not send business these guys way. They have good prices, but they are screwing other people. Mike flat out lied to me. I am not going to be surprised if I find out that the money has not yet been refunded. This is the type of people/company that should not exsist and when you support them you show others it is ok to do business like this.

I'll post what happens to resolve the problem, but I think it really sucks that I had to spend exta time on the phone (phone bill) and have to go to the bank because I wanted to order a motor.

Cliff notes-Osaka lied to me. Don't do business with liars.
Old 01-30-2003, 04:08 PM
H-T Poker champion

Default Re: My Osaka experience (Bezerker)

Osaka gets a big fat from me and all my friends.. those scamming bastards!! GO TO HELL OSAKA!
Old 01-30-2003, 04:56 PM

Default Re: My Osaka experience (Hatchy-Ownzjo0)

two words....legal action. I think thats the only way they will understand that despite the high demand for their products, ethics and customer service still have to come first for a successful business.
Old 01-30-2003, 05:19 PM

Default Re: My Osaka experience (Nextekhatch)

You used your card correct? Call up your card company or your bank company and tell them to cancel payment, and get your money back.
Old 01-30-2003, 05:46 PM

Default Re: My Osaka experience (AresB16A2Turbo)

You used your card correct? Call up your card company or your bank company and tell them to cancel payment, and get your money back.
I plan on going to the bank tomorrow (Its in my original post and the credit card is associated with my account there) I am sure the bank will have some fee associated with stopping the payment (and I will get hit with it twice). They might not even be able to help me.

It just flat out sucks that I have to solve this problem for Osaka. I have to go to the bank and explain to them the situation. I have to worry that I might get screwed out of some of my money. I have to drive 10 hours (according to mapquest) to Osaka and personally show them an irate customer.
Old 01-30-2003, 05:49 PM

glad i am close enough to drive there and get my motor.
Old 01-30-2003, 05:50 PM

Default Re: My Osaka experience (vw-honda-hatches)

glad i am close enough to drive there and get my motor.
So you are going to support someone who screws other Honda enthusiasts?
Old 01-30-2003, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea they suck i ordered a jdmsir2 cluster still haven't received it. almost 4 months now that i sent out my check and no cluster osaka suck
Old 01-31-2003, 02:00 AM

I can do my duty and pick up an engine for someone else, and shipped it to them, knowing damn well it has all parts etc......

and support someone that screws other Honda enthusiasts? Well from just this board EVERY SINGLE ******* COMPANY THAT SELLS MOTORS HAS SCREWED SOMEONE. SO **** OFF! ignorant ******* comments.
Old 01-31-2003, 05:59 AM

I can do my duty and pick up an engine for someone else, and shipped it to them, knowing damn well it has all parts etc......

and support someone that screws other Honda enthusiasts? Well from just this board EVERY SINGLE ******* COMPANY THAT SELLS MOTORS HAS SCREWED SOMEONE. SO **** OFF! ignorant ******* comments.
A little defensive are we? Ignorant f***ing comments? You haven't gotten screwed by them yet. I am flat out telling you that all I did was try to order a motor and I got screwed. I just wanted to spend some cash and get a product in return and they can't even tell the truth. They LIED to me on the first phone call. They didn't even have the motor they said they did, and then they forgot they lied about having it. They couldn't even come up with a good excuse. They just want to get your money in their hands and then do what they think is right with it.

Honestly now, no flaming, think about it for a second-Do you want to seriously deal with a company like that? What if you drive up there buy a motor (looks clean) and install it (everything is done right and triple checked) and the head is cracked or one of the cylinders has dropped compression? You call up and they do not want to help you (if they even remeber you). They tell you that it is not their problem and will not refund or help you in any way. Do you really want to take that chance? I know that every company has had problems, but some seem to be taking care of them a lot better than others and Osaka really seems to be the bottom of the barrel right now. It seriously seems that a one armed monkey with a three ring binder and a phone could do a better job than them.

If you still want to use them, good luck. Seriously I'm not flaming, just trying to express my concern that these guys are really, really bad. IM me if you want to go into it a little further.
Old 01-31-2003, 06:01 AM

I just checked my online statement again and what a surprise, the refund is short by $28.13. At least it came.

So this thing cost me my time, phone bill (whatever it will be), and as a nice little kick in the nuts from Osaka-$28.13.

Edit-added a sentance.

[Modified by Bezerker, 3:01 PM 1/31/2003]
Old 01-31-2003, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Osaka doesn't have a pretty good rep here at Honda-Tech. Countless threads floating around about them. I suggest you give Import Auto Salavage a call. Might cost a few more bucks, but at least you get peace of mind and reliable service.
Old 01-31-2003, 07:21 AM

sorry if i got alittle crazy up there. I didnt sleep for 24 hours.....still only gotten 1 hour of sleep, but they are the only engine shop around me. I would never ever buy a swap from someone unless i knew the person, did business with before, or if i could drive up and check it out. Yes buying a engine is always sketchy, but i am the kind of person to tear it all apart before it even goes in. easier to sleeve a block when its not in the car

I'd actually buy a 6,000 fully working GSR integra, and swap everything (motor, brakes, suspension) into my car.......and have absolute knowing everything is cool AND have the USDM harness.

But once again I apoligie because know that I have read it over, I was kinda a dick especially with your situation. I dont think I would have said that at first if I realize YOU were the one with problems with osaka, thought you were some punk chiming in on my post.

Sounds like all is better though. Good luck.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:03 AM

I'm going to stop posting in here now (unless someone wants a reply) since my Osaka experience is now over.

I just want everyone to know these things about Osaka (beating the dead horse I know): They lied to me to get my money in their hands. They thought they could send me something I didn't want. They hassled me about getting my money back. They did not want to fix their problem. They overcharged me $30 (not a lot, but do they do that to everyone?). They shorted my refund. They are not someone who I will ever do business with again, and I will go out of my way to warn people about them.

I know there are a ton of Osaka threads out there, but I never read one about them lying about having a motor. I wanted to give my story so people will seriously think twice before calling them.
Old 01-31-2003, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm going to stop posting in here now (unless someone wants a reply) since my Osaka experience is now over.

I just want everyone to know these things about Osaka (beating the dead horse I know): They lied to me to get my money in their hands. They thought they could send me something I didn't want. They hassled me about getting my money back. They did not want to fix their problem. They overcharged me $30 (not a lot, but do they do that to everyone?). They shorted my refund. They are not someone who I will ever do business with again, and I will go out of my way to warn people about them.

I know there are a ton of Osaka threads out there, but I never read one about them lying about having a motor. I wanted to give my story so people will seriously think twice before calling them.
sorry for your dealings with osaka
hope the best for your car man
osaka still haven't change; they're stil liars and thieves
Old 01-31-2003, 06:43 PM
Trial User

Default Re: My Osaka experience (sleeperciv)

I got one motor from osaka they forgot my axles! and they wanted me to pay shipping on the axles! even though i payed for the axles up front they wanted me to pay for their f up.