Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My ls/vtec engine is malfunctioning and i dont know why! HELP ME OUT PLEASE!!!

Old 09-18-2003, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My ls/vtec engine is malfunctioning and i dont know why! HELP ME OUT PLEASE!!!

Ok, i have a fully built ls/vtec integra. i was driving on the freeway at around 65 miles per hour and all of a sudden i started hearing this really rapid clicking noise that was really really fast. I pulled over to the side of the road and then called a friend and he pulled it home with his truck. I looked around and couldnt really find out what was wrong but when i put my hand on the valve cover and i could feel a knocking on the right side of the top of the cover. I think it could possibly be that my cams are shot or that i have blown cam bearings, or possibly a stuck or bad rocker arm. Does anyone have any ideas in what could possibly be wrong with my tegs engine. By the way the top end is a b18c5 and the bottom is a b20b. Please help me out, i am desperate.
kris

Old 09-19-2003, 05:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My ls/vtec engine is malfunctioning and i dont know why! HELP ME OUT PLEASE!!! (Kristo92)

Just a correction so you can avoid future flames...your engine ia crvtec. crv bottom end not an ls. Your problem could be any number of things...just because you hear it up top from the valve cover doesnt necessarily mean it is coming from there. Noise travels through metal quite well. It could be a spun rod bearing from your bottom end....you might just need a valve adjustment. You will just have to do a trial and error checking and eliminating as you go. let us know how it turns out
Old 09-19-2003, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: My ls/vtec engine is malfunctioning and i dont know why! HELP ME OUT PLEASE!!! (redlinegsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by redlinegsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You will just have to do a trial and error checking and eliminating as you go. let us know how it turns out</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah unfortunately that type of problem is hard to pinpoint without checking things out one by one.