Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Hybrid lost all power, and locked me inside...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 09:47 PM
CDF
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 My Hybrid lost all power, and locked me inside...

My Hybrid lost all power, and locked me inside... HELP!

I was pulling into a parking space and before I actually reached the parking space, my 2006 Civic Hybrid simply turned off and had NO POWER... zilch. After trying every common sense solution, absolutely nothing worked - it was completely dead. Even worse, for some reason I couldn't even MANUALLY unlock any of the four doors to get out! I was literally trapped in my car!!!

Steering wheel, gear shift, lights, locks, windows, etc... EVERYTHING was dead! Couldn't start it up again, nothing. I had to call 911 to come help me out. A fireman had to pull back my driver's side door slightly at the top so that I could shove my key out of it and he unlocked my car from the outside.

Service Maintenance at Honda called me and said that a fuse blew and it killed my battery. Need a new battery, to fix the fuse, and it's not covered under my warranty. Yeah, so far at least $450.00. She said that it's *possible that my radar detector plugged into the cigarette lighter outlet was to blame. That the adapter went bad & could've blown it... I'm sorry, but that simply doesn't make sense to me, in so many ways! They are "still looking into it", but so far that's what I've got! She said that most likely the battery was 'dying over time', that it wouldn't just 'quit' out of nowhere... if that's the case, why didn't my battery light come on?!?!

Has anyone else heard anything like this before? Is this actually possible? Should I look for something else? Am I being screwed out of my warranty? ANY advice will surely help!

Extra note: Summer'09 I tried to plug in my DVD player to the back seat outlet for a long road trip. It simply didn't work. So, there's obviously SOME kind of shortage beforehand. Does this make a difference?

... I'm worn out from the day I've had with this. If I remember more details tomorrow, I'll post them. But there's nothing else I can do until Monday, if at all!

HELP PLEASE!!! Thank you...
Old 01-31-2010, 07:33 AM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: My Hybrid lost all power, and locked me inside...

You should try posting this is the '06 - current forum. The hybrid forum is really more about people swapping different engines and transmissions into hondas that they didn't originally come in, IE, Integra GS-R engine in '92 civic. Its not really about Civic hybrids.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:53 AM
CDF
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My Hybrid lost all power, and locked me inside...

Ok thanks!! I'm obviously new to this, and 'car problems' is not exactly my expertise!