Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my hatch was stolen recovered now i need help

Old 09-27-2006, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my hatch was stolen recovered now i need help

Alright here is the story behind this:
back in june my car was stolen (while i was at the movies)...they found my hatch 3 weeks later about 20 miles from where it was taken. What they got:
My GSR head, (left the block with high comp. pistons)
H.i.ds
Mirrors
corners
& Rims
battery
They left the full skunk2 suspension, and full cat-back exhaust, LSD tranny,
so, unfortunately the head includes everything essential for the car to function properly. WHen the gsr was in there before there was no check engine light or codes

I finally got the head and everything put on...its running codes 9 and 14
which i believe is IACV and a #1 cyl sensor.
the symptoms:
after it warms up, if u hold the throttle steady it revs,...or rather surges...like high low high low high,...almost like im feathering the acceleratoor...but im not lol. so it lunges when it is in gear...
I also want to make sure the correct setup is in,... i got a p72 ecu...for my 99 GSR motor...that is the right ECU right? can anyone help me out? do i need to replace the iacv? what about the #1 cyl code?
One more thing...
I got a jdm gauge cluster...plug and play right?
well, i plug it in put the key on the on position and the kph jumps to 20 without starting...anything i need to ground out or fix? or is it busted?

also...i have r/c 360 cc injectors...but didnt put them on... i have an aem fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator, and fuel fitler...just didnt put the injectors on there...b/cthey are obd2 and i have obd1 harness so i need to get the injector wires...but i dont even think i need them on there...

Old 09-27-2006, 11:57 AM

Default Re: my hatch was stolen recovered now i need help (TreyGSR)

start out by taking off the IACV and clean it out with brake cleaner. Just squirt it into all holes until the liquid runs clear. Let it dry an slap it back on. Take it one step at a time an you'll finally get it together.

P72 is the correct ecu as long as you're also using the gsr IM. All the fuel things you got are pointless unless you plan to run a chipped ECU/turbo/highly modified NA and those injectors will shoot way too much fuel for being stock. stock 240cc --> 360cc = runnin rich
Old 09-27-2006, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my hatch was stolen recovered now i need help (wakeboard_dude5)

i have a chipped ecu. but thanks im goin to try that when i get home this weekend
Old 09-28-2006, 04:05 PM

Default Re: my hatch was stolen recovered now i need help (TreyGSR)

I think your cluster busted. And clean or change your iacv sensor. Try clearing the codes after.