Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My friend needs SWAP help!!! ASAP...going back to the shop tonight!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My friend needs SWAP help!!! ASAP...going back to the shop tonight!!!

here are the posts for another board.....
I just did a 98 ex motor and trans swap into a 96 dx and used the underhood wiring harness but there is no wiring for the second o2 sensor. I know it goes up thru the floor from the converter but does it connect to another harness then to the ecu ? I need to have this fixed before noon on saturday. The problem is the dx harness had the sensors and converter right under the manifold. I have the converter with o2 sensor from the 98 ex also, any help would be appreciated

Seems like this isnt my only wiring problems. i got it runnin with an ex harness and 00 si ecu but the tach and speedo wasnt working and who knows what else wasnt working. I tried the dx harness that was in the car originaly with the stock dx ecu and it wouldnt even crank. There is also a problem I have with the head and distrib the Y8 distrib wont bolt up to the z6 head except with one bolt. This sux if it was anyone's car besides mine I'd prob not have a problem at all with this swap.....lol

It's a 98 ex block and trans and a z6 head into a 96 civic dx. We tried the 98 ex under the hood harness and 99-00 si ecu the car ran but the speedo and tach wasnt working and who knows what else. The dx under hood harness and ecu wouldnt even crank it it. Damn this sux. Guess this is what happens when ya try to do a cheap as possible swap. Oh yeah the the y8 distrib dont bolt to the z6 head but with only one bolt

Old 09-07-2003, 07:00 PM

Default Re: My friend needs SWAP help!!! ASAP...going back to the shop tonight!!! (Wild0ne21)

Yeah I think I just need to get an ex ecu and It'll be ok.
Old 09-07-2003, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My friend needs SWAP help!!! ASAP...going back to the shop tonight!!! (Twiz)

ahight goodluck! I tried!