Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my experince with a/c brackets and my Ek

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my experince with a/c brackets and my Ek

Well i have been gathering part for my swap for a while and as everyone has said you need the 99-00 civic si, so I ordered it. Well while changing every thing over i decided to take the factory bracket off my 97 hatch and compair to the si(see if the holes looked the same, they did not that peice was 100$ from hondaautomotiveparts.com. So i got out a 99 integra bracket, the factory d16 bracket, the si bracket, and the original crv bracket. well after looking at them and taking mesurments the crv bracket looked the closest, so i found the crv a/c compressor that came with the moter and guess what the crv compressor bolted to the d16 bracket and lind up with the tinsioner perfect. Well hope this will help some of you out that have been looking for the bracket to get the a/c to work in a 97,should be the same for 96-98. So heres what worked for me 97 usdm b20b4 ac bracket, now i havent got the moter in yet but hope it will work. The car is a 97 dx hatch ill have to look to see the manufactor of my ac compressor in the car but ill do that and post. If some one wants to host some pics for me ill e mail them to you. Hope i can return that bracket to hap.com, but i can help some that might make the same mistake i did. :honda2

[Modified by ef ect, 4:59 AM 1/20/2003]
Old 01-19-2003, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my experince with a/c brackets and my Ek (ef ect)

My 94-97 Del sol vtec ac bracket worked just fine. Oh yeah and its stamped P54
Old 01-20-2003, 12:34 PM

Default Re: my experince with a/c brackets and my Ek (97hb)

thats good for you must be some difrence in the ac compressors. Thought that when i looked at hap.com that they listed the same part# for both cars? Ill try to get some pics up for thouse that may be intrested to see this. The crv bracket is stamped p7j and is about half the price

Buy the way what is code 91 for ?????

[Modified by ef ect, 9:37 PM 1/20/2003]
Old 01-20-2003, 04:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have no idea what you are saying below.

all I know is that my 96 Delsol Vtec AC bracket worked PERFECT on my 96 CX. Sure I paid 100 bux for it, but I didnt have to try 30 other brackets before I found one that KINDA worked but was a little cheaper.

What would help everyone is if you made your post easier to read so we could understand without having to read it 4 times.

Well i have been gathering part for my swap for a while and as everyone has said you need the 99-00 civic si, so I ordered it. Well while changing every thing over i decided to take the factory bracket off my 97 hatch and compair to the si(see if the holes looked the same, they did not that peice was 100$ from hondaautomotiveparts.com. So i got out a 99 integra bracket, the factory d16 bracket, the si bracket, and the original crv bracket. well after looking at them and taking mesurments the crv bracket looked the closest, so i found the crv a/c compressor that came with the moter and guess what the crv compressor bolted to the d16 bracket and lind up with the tinsioner perfect. Well hope this will help some of you out that have been looking for the bracket to get the a/c to work in a 97,should be the same for 96-98. So heres what worked for me 97 usdm b20b4 ac bracket, now i havent got the moter in yet but hope it will work. The car is a 97 dx hatch ill have to look to see the manufactor of my ac compressor in the car but ill do that and post. If some one wants to host some pics for me ill e mail them to you. Hope i can return that bracket to hap.com, but i can help some that might make the same mistake i did. :honda2

[Modified by ef ect, 4:59 AM 1/20/2003]
Old 01-20-2003, 10:09 PM

Default Re: my experince with a/c brackets and my Ek (boxcarracer)

The mount listed @ honda dealer is the same for the 99-00 si and 97 del sol. With this info i ordered this part. Now the other day I was working on moter wiring the harness, attaching the oil sender, you know **** like that. Well went outside and got the a/c bracket off the civic moter(D16), took that to my work area and got the si mount that i had ordered to see if the holes looked the same. They did not, frustrated with the fact that i had just spent 100$ on a bracket that will not work for me, and I am out of 30 day return policy, I get all the a/c brackets together that I have. Bracket off stock civic moter D16, the one off the crv moter B20, the one off the integra that i got the tranny out of B18: and laid them all out on the bench. now the si and LS bracket the two top holes that the pump bolts go through are straight across from each other, as are the bottom holes, you could say the holes make a box. The holes i am talking about are the ones that the compressor mounts too not the ones that mount the bracket to the block. Now for the civic bracket and the crv bracket the top two are straight across, but the two bottom ones are closer to gether and not straight across from each other one is lower than the other. These holes make well like a trapezoid. At this point I think hey i got the crv a/c compressor sitting on the shelf over there wonder if it will bolt to the stock civic bracket; thanking that if the crv compressor will bolt to the civic bracket then the civic a/c compressor will bolt to the crv bracket makes since to me; and guess what it did. The crv compressor lined up with the pully and all looked good but i still hade the problem of a 100$ peoce that is usless to me, hope that i can return it for a refund or other parts. This might be a lot to read and a picture would explain it all ill try to figure out how to post one or if any body wants to help me out and post a picture for me ill be glad too e-mail it to you, I think this could be a great way to save some money. I also think this will end up to be a great tec article once I get the pics up as i had never seen the difrence betwiin the brackets before and this could have saved some money for me and could save money for others in the future,
Old 01-20-2003, 11:15 PM

holy crap.

Paragraphs, use them.
First letter in a sentance, upper case them.
Old 01-21-2003, 08:52 PM

Default Re: my experince with a/c brackets and my Ek (tonyXcom)

The post read it
My *** kiss it
Old 01-21-2003, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The post read it
My *** kiss it
Whoa, calm down mang.
Old 01-21-2003, 11:13 PM

The post read it
My *** kiss it
You just dont get it do you? When you type a big old blob of a ******* post with no punctuation or paragraphs its HARD TO READ and most people WILL NOT READ IT.
Old 01-22-2003, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The post read it
My *** kiss it

You just dont get it do you? When you type a big old blob of a ******* post with no punctuation or paragraphs its HARD TO READ and most people WILL NOT READ IT.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:12 PM

Default Re: my experince with a/c brackets and my Ek (sleeprhatch)

Well I guess i'll have to get some pics up so people dont get confused.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:57 PM

Well I guess i'll have to get some pics up so people dont get confused.
damn, you are a lost cause. YOU DONT NEED PICTURES. YOU NEED 5th Grade ENGLISH!
Old 01-22-2003, 07:09 PM

[Modified by ef ect, 4:30 AM 1/23/2003]

[Modified by ef ect, 4:31 AM 1/23/2003]

[Modified by ef ect, 4:39 AM 1/23/2003]