Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My B20 into EK parts list

Old 05-29-2008, 06:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Turbogixxer)

Can I reuse my stock Civic lower torque mounts and brackets or do I need to find these too?

’94-00 Integra LS/GSR/Type R front transmission mount bracket
’96-00 CRV, del-Sol VTEC driver’s side front lower engine mount bracket
Old 02-22-2009, 03:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My B20 into EK parts list

what if i have the JDm b20 what else will i need to install this into my 98 civic? i already have the complete civic ci mounts but what else will i need will i need a new crank pulley are the crv crank pulley bigger than the integras own or are they the same

Last edited by civic-one; 02-22-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I know everyone is saying civic ac compressor bracket wont bolt up to to the block but it bolts up im just not sure if the belts gonna fit properaly or not. Anyone have any insight on this? Oh! one other thing the OP didn't specify wither the civic coolant hose will work just curious on the fitment issues on the that.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

love the write up but the starter information is wrong. you need the si starter. the ls starter is too long and will hit the trans bracket.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE=DevinW;5285786]
You will need an EVAP purge solenoid valve from a ’96-00 LS integra

I'm in the midst of doin a 99-00 jdm b20b swap in my 2000 lx and I would like to know why it's nessecary to run an LS purge solenoid, couldnt I just use my d16y7 purge solenoid on the B20...its quite similar to a LS. I figured it was just for people running an LS intake manifold, I'M keeping the b20 IM (with plenum resonator on it) anyone would know this ? thanks
Old 11-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Why do we need a ls intake manifold? Wouldn't the normal B20 IM work fine? I have a 99 civic ex
Old 05-20-2013, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Why would a 94 95 ls mani not work?
Old 03-04-2014, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Why is everyone using the LS ECU for this swap? Is it just because it is easier to modify for performance?

More to the point, to meet my state's (Utah) emissions standards visual inspection I must use the ECU that came with the motor. Is there any reason to avoid using the ECU for the CRV B20? I have heard that B20 ECUs will work in a civic on a different forum, but I do not see them in any EK to B20 builds. So why are they so unpopular? I hope it is not because they will not work properly in my civic.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:20 PM
Trial User

i have a 96 civic with a 1.6 single over head cam trying to swap b20b that i took off a 98 integra into it. what would i need the most. harness and ecm off the same b20b. Could i use the same transmission off the 1.6. and also what about the intake??? if you could help me i would really appreciate it.

Anyone pleaseeee help..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2014, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I did a b20 into 96 ek sedan...this writeup is pretty good. Definitely complete parts list.

I used a del sol vtec throttle cable and integra ls intake manifold and p75 throttle cable bracket.

I'm using LS hydro trans.

Also on my first attempt at this swap (had bad bearings) I had to swap to the 99-00 drivers side two bolt post to match my mounts. My second b20 came with 2 bolt post.

Couple quick questions now as I make some changes for this season coming up. I have an idea of the answers, anyone with some free time and a definite answer I would appreciate it...

1. My exhaust was terrible. I'm going to a 421 header with 2 inch collector and ebay 2.25in cat back with my choice of muffler. Which cat would make my whole exhaust bolt on - 96 civic or 99 si?
2. Has anyone used the crower stage 1 cams with a high compression b20? I really am looking for if there's a huge diffrence between b20 and crower sTage ones. I'm very interested in cams but not so much springs and retainers. I have plans for a built head this time next year.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey do u think the crv axels will fit on a 96 integra?
Old 03-19-2016, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Huge help, thanks for the write up now if only i can find a damn hydro tranny!!
Old 04-29-2016, 04:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Do you know what motor mounts are needed coming from a d-series and going to a B20Z?
Old 11-04-2016, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The b20 FPR will 100 percent not work on LS IM.

I am currently changing the IM on my USDM CRV. The bolt holes line up and it looks like it seals and everything. I had read this article some time ago to get a b20b in my EK civic, but at that time I was ditching OEM fuel rail for aftermarket rail and regulator.

Swapping to b18b intake mani in the v - I re used my b20 injectors (had to use spacers. they dont sit as low as b18b injectors, but when I compared how the b20 injectors sit in the OEM intake manifold, it looks the same when you fit them in a b18b intake manifold.)

I plugged everything back in, and the b20 fpr WILL FIT on the b18b rail, but the seal sucks. As soon as i turned the key and cycled the fuel pump fuel sprayed from that reg, and it was DEFINITELY bolted all the way down. I would assume you would have the same issue trying to do what I did in a CIVIC body.

Ordered new fpr from dealer on my account. I assume this will alleviate the problem, if it doesn't I'll report back...I'm successfully using aftermarket rail and aftermarket integra style fpr on a b20 swapped CIVIC with no issues, so I don't forsee it not working.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jDmgIrlsb20
Do you know what motor mounts are needed coming from a d-series and going to a B20Z?
I used regular b series mounts on two separate cars. The drivers side post needed to be changed on one, but not the other. Check your drivers side post (2 or 3 bolt post) to make sure it matches whatever swap mounts you choose. Or if you already have the mounts, swapping that post out isn't too bad with the engine out of the car...very straight forward. That post can be a bit pricey though (just a heads up)
Old 03-26-2017, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Great post! this has helped me a lot with my current swap process!!!
Old 02-15-2018, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I want to replace all the bolts on my b20 motor mounts, any one know where I can buy them ?
Old 03-26-2019, 05:17 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by DevinW
Bare with me on the formatting and spelling...I copied/pasted it from a word file I'm writing. I'll post a link to the Word file whenever it's finished. I may add wiring info later on...

Thanks to b20guy, YBLegal and his bro and all u Honda-Tech-ers.

Parts List for a '99 B20Z engine into a '96 Honda Civic CX

Engine
'99-00 B20Z from a Honda CRV

Make sure you get the wiring harness with your engine. You will need some plugs off of this harness to use on your stock civic harness, especially if you’re using an OBDIIb engine/car with an OBDIIa car/engine. Also check all sensors and make sure they are not visibly broken.

Alternator:
'97-00 CRV
Will also need the alternator belt, and the 2 mounting bolts if your engine does not include the alternator.

Starter:
’94-00 Acura Integra LS
Will also need the 2 mounting bolts for this. Your CRV starter will not work with the B-series manual transmission. It is too long and does not meet flush with the transmission casing.

Intake tube:
’96-00 Integra LS/Type R, ’99-00 Civic Si(R)
Keep in mind the Civic intake tubes has a hole for the IAT that will need to be plugged. Right now we are using a ’92 Civic Si intake tube which also works but needs to be stretched over the throttle body. It is most likely a restricton and will soon have an AEM Cold-Air intake for a Type R in its place.

Intake Manifold:
’96-00 Acura Integra LS
Save yourself some headaches and try to get a complete manifold that includes the LS throttle body, injectors, fuel rail, and fuel pressure regulator.

The B20 throttle body can work if you do one of 2 things:
1. Switch the throttle plate spring and throttle cable mounting bracket with that from an LS throttle body, so that the throttle cable pulls towards the driver’s side. You will also need a ’96-00 Integra LS throttle cable bracket if one is not already included on the manifold.
2. Use the B20 throttle cable bracket and re-route the throttle cable so that it pulls towards the passenger side.

We used a ’96-00 Integra LS throttle cable. We tried one from a ’92 Civic Si and one from a ’99-00 Civic Si(R) and we could not get them to work very well.

The B20 fuel rail will not mount to the LS intake manifold. The mounting holes are offset on the B20 rail, whereas the LS mounting holes are evenly spaced.

The B20 fuel pressure regulator mounting holes are offset, so it will not work on the LS fuel rail.

The B20 injectors will not work with the LS fuel rail, as far as I know. They may be too short and not make a good seal with the intake manifold.

You may wish to use a new ’97-00 CRV or ’96-00 Integra intake manifold gasket. The old gasket may be stuck to the head and will need to be scraped off using a razor blade.

You may need O-rings/spacers for the injectors, fuel pressure regulator if they are in poor condition.

You will need an EVAP purge solenoid valve from a ’96-00 LS integra, as well as an IAT sensor. The ones from the B20 will not plug in correctly. The stock ’96-00 Civic IAT plugs into the intake tube, the LS screws onto the intake manifold runners, so your stock one will also not work.

Exhaust Manifold:
’99-00 Civic SiR, ’94-00 Integra, del-Sol VTEC
We used a 99-00 Civic SiR exhaust manifold and it bolted up perfectly to our exhaust but only because the car previously had a ’92 Si engine in it, which has the more common style manifold. The ’96-00 Civic CX, DX, LX have an exhaust which stretches further toward the engine than the SOHC VTEC and B-series cars. You may need some modification to your existing exhaust system if this is the case.

It’s a good idea to pick up a ’97-00 CRV or ’96-00 Integra LS exhaust manifold gasket. Don’t forget there are 3 bolts which hold the 2 piece exhaust manifold together. There are 2 circular gaskets and 3 bolts that fit between the 2 sections of the exhaust manifold that you may need if your manifold is in pieces.

We used the stock catalytic convertor but you may wish to pick up a new B-series catalytic convertor if your stock cat has high mileage. You will need a new donut gasket either way, and possibly the mounting bolts/springs.

Mounts:
’99-00 Civic Si(R) rear mount bracket
’94-00 Integra LS/GSR/Type R front transmission mount bracket
’96-00 CRV, del-Sol VTEC driver’s side front lower engine mount bracket
It’s also been stated for B-series swaps into 96+ Civics that you need a ’99-00 Civic Si(R) timing belt mount bracket. This is true since most B-series swaps are from Integras which have a different mount at this point. However, as we discovered the stock CRV timing belt mount bracket is nearly identical to the Si(R) one, since the CRV and Civic have similar engine bays. So for ’96-00 Honda Civics you can reuse this CRV bracket and save yourself $80-$100.

The front lower driver’s side torque mount bracket that comes with your CRV engine must be used as well. I’m pretty sure this mount will also allow you to keep your A/C if you so desire. The del-Sol VTEC bracket is also nearly identical to the CRV one.

Reuse all other civic mounts and studs. Just replace the above brackets.

ECU:
’96-00 OBDII LS ecu P75
OR
’94-95 OBDI LS ecu P74/P75 w/ conversion harness

Using the OBDI ecu will allow for better tuning, but for basic setups stick with an OBDII ecu. Conversion harnesses can be expensive for what they are and OBDII ecus are more plentiful and usually much cheaper.

Transmission:
Any B-series hydraulic transmission:

Civic Si(R) 4.40 final drive
del-Sol VTEC 4.40 final drive
Integra LS 4.26 final drive
Integra GS-R 4.40 final drive
USDM Integra Type R/pre ’98 JDM/UKDM Integra Type R 4.40 final drive /w LSD
‘98+ JDM/UKDM Integra Type R 4.785 final drive w/ LSD

You will need the transmission mounting bolts, and if it is not included the clutch fork, clutch fork pivot bolt, and clutch fork release spring. You can reuse your stock clutch fork rubber boot. Also check the state of the rubber transmission seals where the axle and intermediate shaft are inserted. Replace if worn. Use your stock Vehicle Speed Sensor if the one from the transmission is missing.

Clutch/Pressure Plate:
Any B-series

Civic Si(R)
Del-Sol VTEC
Integra LS/GS-R/Type R

Note that the Integra Type R clutch has a bit more clamping force than the other B-series clutches. It’s a good alternative to an expensive aftermarket unit. Please not that you will also need the clutch/pressure plate mounting bolts and an alignment tool.

Flywheel:
Any B-series

Civic Si(R)
Del-Sol VTEC
Integra LS/GS-R/Type R

The USDM Integra Type R flywheel is 15 lbs, the JDM version I think is 12 lbs. All other B-series flywheels are 18 lbs. If you buy a used flywheel be sure and get that flywheel resurfaced. Also you will need B-series manual transmission flywheel mounting bolts. Most CRVs are automatic and those AT bolts are too short. Don’t forget to get rid of the CRV flexplate which is not needed.

Axles/Intermediate Shaft:
94+ Integra, ’99-00 Civic Si(R), del-Sol VTEC
OR
90-93 Integra

Either get the 94+ axles/intermediate shaft or the ’90-93 axles/intermediate shaft.
Mixing ’90-93 axle/intermediate shaft with its ’94-00 counterpart will not work.
You may want to replace the axle and intermediate shaft set rings if they are damaged. You can use ABS or Non-ABS axles if you do not have ABS in your car.

Shift Linkage:
’99-00 Civic Si(R), ’94-00 Integra LS/GS-R/Type R

Reuse all bolts and the dowel pin (AKA bitch pin) at this location. You may need to purchase the shift linkage mounting bolt/washers/bushings if you are missing them.

Miscellaneous:

Just some things that would be good to have on hand or are required.

· 3 quarts of Honda Manual Transmission Fluid (3 bottles).
· At least 4L of engine coolant, probably more.
· 4L of 5W30 engine oil.
· Genuine Honda oil filter and drain plug/washer.
· Genuine Honda fuel filter.
· Upgraded fuel pump and adjustable fuel pressure regulator and gauge. B20s tend to run a little lean so these upgrades will help provide more fuel.
· Honda del-Sol VTEC dual-core radiator (direct bolt in), Honda Civic A/T dual-core radiator (direct bolt-in), or an Integra radiator (needs mount modification) for better cooling. A lot of people do fine with the stock civic radiator and others have needed a bigger one. It might be a good investment down the road.
· New Genuine Honda CRV timing belt. Inspect your engine’s timing belt before install and replace if necessary.
· Spark plugs/wires. Replace if signs of wear or if engine has high mileage.
· Penetrating oil for rusty bolts.

what harness are you running? Stock civic harness??
Old 05-04-2020, 02:41 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by LUISRIVERA2388
what harness are you running? Stock civic harness??

what year civic ? I have a B20 in my 1999 EX Sedan. B20Z I reused my EX harness. You have to lengthen the IAT and a few others but it’s easy!
Old 05-13-2020, 01:45 AM
Trial User

Greetings gents,

I currently have a 00 Honda Civic Ex with a b20-Vtec swap in it, It works fine but I feel the current throttle cable is entirely to long. Problem is I have no idea if this is a GSR cable or the original Ex cable. The main problem i have with this swap is the sluggish throttle response and to climb rpm’s is like pulling teeth and would make sense if the TB is never at WOT . So I guess my question should be how can I identify what Throttle cable i have ?
Old 05-25-2020, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by KrunKed
Greetings gents,

I currently have a 00 Honda Civic Ex with a b20-Vtec swap in it, It works fine but I feel the current throttle cable is entirely to long. Problem is I have no idea if this is a GSR cable or the original Ex cable. The main problem i have with this swap is the sluggish throttle response and to climb rpm’s is like pulling teeth and would make sense if the TB is never at WOT . So I guess my question should be how can I identify what Throttle cable i have ?
get someone to look at the TB while you’re inside the car hold the gas pedal down. That will give you an idea. The bad throttle response can be from other things.
Old 02-29-2024, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a b20z crv engine and I have all the stuff from the crv but I’m transferring it to my automatic civic. What parts will I need for that and what modifications will I have to do?
Old 02-29-2024, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jay21opd
I have a b20z crv engine and I have all the stuff from the crv but I’m transferring it to my automatic civic. What parts will I need for that and what modifications will I have to do?
if you’re staying automatic then I’m not too sure how that will work. But given that Honda made these cars interchangeable; the auto transmission should line up with the existing mounts but I don’t know. We’ve only dealt with manual transmission swaps. There is a lot of good threads with all the know how and what to do!
Old 03-14-2024, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So for the engine harness. I have both ECU and harness from a 99 honda crv aswell as the engine. From what you were saying, I’m gonna have to cut some plugs to fit my civic?
Old 03-14-2024, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 794 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by jay21opd
So for the engine harness. I have both ECU and harness from a 99 honda crv aswell as the engine. From what you were saying, I’m gonna have to cut some plugs to fit my civic?
Is your Civic a '99-00 ?