Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mission impossible: Goodbye SI, Hello STI.....engine swap ???'s

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 06:00 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mission impossible: Goodbye SI, Hello STI.....engine swap ???'s

Ok, SO i have a 2000 Si with a fully built turbo charged sleeved b16a2 and a ton of other mods. I want to trade my car in on a new WRX STI, but of course as you guys well know; you can't get **** forafter market gear from dealers.

So my plan is to do a swap with a doner(probably wrecked civic, sol, or crx) engine in the SI and then sell my built block and turbo parts here. What i need to know is; what engines will be easy to swap into my SI? I don't care that it is a b-series or not just something that will get it into the dealer and run well...Oh and most important less hassle to put into my car. Any info on what engines to look for or what issues i will have with the wiring would be great. One more thing, i have a hondata chipped p28 that i would like to sell here so i plan on using the doner cars ecu. What do you guys think?
Old 03-02-2005, 06:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Mission impossible: Goodbye SI, Hello STI.....engine swap ???'s (Benjithx)

anything will swap into your car!
Old 03-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mission impossible: Goodbye SI, Hello STI.....engine swap ???'s (chad)

Swap a d15 in that bitch...

Lol the look on the poor bastard's face when he buys his new "si"
Old 03-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mission impossible: Goodbye SI, Hello STI.....engine swap ???'s (Benjithx)

just toss another b16a2 in there and get the STi!
Old 03-02-2005, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mission impossible: Goodbye SI, Hello STI.....engine swap ???'s (nate_d)

All of you guys suggesting dumping in anything less than B16A2 are bastards. Seriously.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did a b16a2 come stock in it? Im not familiar with them. I'd put that back in.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SL!M)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SL!M &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">did a b16a2 come stock in it? Im not familiar with them. I'd put that back in.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, it did.

EDIT: I'd also like to add, that shady people such as the thread starter are the reason that people are hesitant to buy aftermarket cars.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SL!M)

trade me your setup for my b16a2+ cash
Old 03-02-2005, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dawn Dreaming &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Swap a d15 in that bitch...

Lol the look on the poor bastard's face when he buys his new "si"</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 03-02-2005, 06:26 PM

Default Re: (modedicebox)

you guys are bad. 1st, its just wrong to do that. 2nd, if the dealer is smart they will check the engine w/ the vin so you might get screwed on that. 3rd, if you put anything less than a b16 in it, make it at least a d16z6 so that it still has the VTEC (though DOHC is far superior than SOHC )

In conclusion, dont be a dick just to try n make a buck. swap your modded b16a2 w/ a crap b16a2 from a 95 del sol or somethin (dont matter how many miles or condition, though would be better and more respectible if in beter condition) and sell your nice b16a2 here so you're not completly out from trading ur SI
Old 03-02-2005, 07:03 PM
Trial User

Default Re: (Apocolipse269)

alright from the top

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anything will swap into your car!</TD></TR></TABLE>
good, but is one easier than another

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nate_d &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just toss another b16a2 in there and get the STi!</TD></TR></TABLE>
costly, STI's are spendy

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by modedicebox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">trade me your setup for my b16a2+ cash </TD></TR></TABLE>
how much $$$ pm me if you want

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Apocolipse269 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you guys are bad. 1st, its just wrong to do that. 2nd, if the dealer is smart they will check the engine w/ the vin so you might get screwed on that. 3rd, if you put anything less than a b16 in it, make it at least a d16z6 so that it still has the VTEC (though DOHC is far superior than SOHC )

In conclusion, dont be a dick just to try n make a buck. swap your modded b16a2 w/ a crap b16a2 from a 95 del sol or somethin (dont matter how many miles or condition, though would be better and more respectible if in beter condition) and sell your nice b16a2 here so you're not completly out from trading ur SI</TD></TR></TABLE>

The idea that a poor fool trying to buy a SI gets screwed is not the idea, the idea is that i bring in a car thats nice looking, in good running condition with a bunch of fancy **** on it that the dealer and i can push numbers around with is the idea. Also if someone is buying a SI and doesn't pop the hood first he deserves it. ...its true...he does
Old 03-02-2005, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Benjithx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Benjithx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
The idea that a poor fool trying to buy a SI gets screwed is not the idea, the idea is that i bring in a car thats nice looking, in good running condition with a bunch of fancy **** on it that the dealer and i can push numbers around with is the idea. Also if someone is buying a SI and doesn't pop the hood first he deserves it. ...its true...he does </TD></TR></TABLE>

Generally, dealers don't like getting cars in trade "with a bunch of fancy ****" on them. This post illustrates exactly why.

I agree that if I were in the market for an EM1, the first thing I'd do is check under the hood to make sure a B16A2 was in place. Anyone who is blinded by bling and doesn't is retarded.

Still kinda lame and shady, though.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:33 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (gamby)

Swap in a stock B16A2 from the year your car was built. End of thread.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yes, it did.

EDIT: I'd also like to add, that shady people such as the thread starter are the reason that people are hesitant to buy aftermarket cars. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Honestly though most people that are looking to buy used si's have a clue of what their doing, but i do agree with what your saying. Anything less than what it came with would be a crime.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (VtecAddict96)

Just sell the **** privately and you should be set. You will get screwed on the trade in no matter what so what's the point?
Old 03-02-2005, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i remember seeing a integra gsr with a d15 sohc motor in it....
think about it
Old 03-02-2005, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GZR4DR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GZR4DR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just sell the **** privately and you should be set. You will get screwed on the trade in no matter what so what's the point?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea u wont be gettin much from the dealership if u trade it in although it would be alot easier to do... but i recommend sellin ur car privately like on craigslist or somethin. if it means u get more money it should be worth the hassle
Old 03-02-2005, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (XpLiZiT)

HMO B16 yo $600.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EKSOHCV-TechRider)

put a b16a2 in that bitch...take all the fancy lookin whatever **** u got on there off...put that bitch back to stock because your gonna loose money on anything else that u put on there after stock...trade it in and take the money from all the aftermarket stuff and then....STI.com
Old 03-02-2005, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

your dealer is never gonna except that car if that car doesn't have the B16A2 in it...and if they do, they're dumb as hell...or you ain't gonna get jack **** for you "nice exterior'd SI" Dealers do all kinds of inspections on cars....thus the word "certified used car" when you go buy cars at a dealership.

You'd be better off just selling the car with a dseries motor to some ricer who is in it for the looks. Just get a D16z6/y8 so when the idiot test drives it you can let him get on it and hear the vtec. But that is still really wrong.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:08 AM
Suspetise...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EKSOHCV-TechRider &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">HMO B16 yo $600.</TD></TR></TABLE>

$600? I don't think so. That's $600 for an SiRI longblock, which doesn't help this guy at all.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sscguy)

What do you have done to the head? Can you just swap a short block?
Old 03-03-2005, 05:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Perhaps find someone who wants to do a swap for your engine, and have them sell you their engine.

Example, someone who has a new 99-00 hatch and wants to ditch the SOHC for the fancy DOHC built Turbo-ed engine you have. They buy yours for cheap, they swap and they give you theirs.

Old 03-03-2005, 05:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Benjithx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a 2000 Si with a fully built turbo charged sleeved b16a2 and a ton of other mods.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what engines will be easy to swap into my SI? </TD></TR></TABLE>

must be nice to have that setup with no knowledge about Hondas.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:32 AM

Default Re: (Benjithx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Benjithx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
costly, STI's are spendy
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Then you aren't ready to play with the big boys yet. If you have to squeeze money that way to afford this STI, then you are trying too hard. I know you must love STI very much, hey I do too, but I won't put myself in a situation where I have to pull a few strings to get what I want.

Part out your aftermarket parts. Sell your car just a ted higher than other Si from the same year because the block is built. You get some money from selling parts separetely, engine code matches the car and year, buyer is happy, everything is cool.

Quick Reply: Mission impossible: Goodbye SI, Hello STI.....engine swap ???'s