Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mini me driving ME crazy

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mini me driving ME crazy

anyone else had ON GOING problems with your mini me swap...please discuss them here and what problems were they and what did you do to fix these problems..
Old 04-01-2004, 09:30 AM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: mini me driving ME crazy (SleepyHF)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SleepyHF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anyone else had ON GOING problems with your mini me swap...please discuss them here and what problems were they and what did you do to fix these problems..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Only problems i've had (over the course of 8 months) is a bad vtec solenoid gasket which caused a leak all around the right side of the motor and tranny...and I have this loud clanking over near the timing belt area during a cold start...I think its the tensioner but i'm trying to fix that. And i've had other tranny related issues. Other than that, its been 100% reliable.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:39 AM

Default Re: mini me driving ME crazy (BauleyCivic)

oh well fugg it!!! The motor finally got to me...way too many problems with the block..went b16a1 in rexHF...LOL and still have the HF badges on the back, with JDM taillights..heheheh if anyone needs a z6 head i got one!!!
Old 04-01-2004, 11:08 AM

Default Re: mini me driving ME crazy (BauleyCivic)

I did a D15B Vtec swap for a guy a few weeks ago. I was helping him out because he thought it would be OK to drive around with the oil light on for a couple of days, till he seezed the cam and sheared the cam gear key off and had the pistons give the valves a little kiss.
So anyway I got him a bit better engine 1.5 Vtec to replace the old Non Vtec 1.5.
He calls me up the other day and says the car just all of a sudden lost power. I took it for a burn. yep no power, seemed to me like clogged exhaust. I took the cat off still no power. checked to make sure the timing, fuel and spark were correct. then I noticed that the cheap cone filter at the end of the intake tube was missing the little chrome cap at the end of it on the inside. It is not really obvious either because the filter points down and this piece is kind of inside the filter. I almost didn't see it myself. I pulled of the intake tube and the little chrome cap was wedge into the throttle body so hard I had to use a screw driver to pry it out. The crazy part was the OD on the piece and the ID on the throttle body was a perfect press fit and it was in there like someone pounded it in with a hammer. if it was a bit bigger it would have just rattled around in the intake tube. Man that thing must suck like a $2 *****. I wish i had my digi cam with me I woulda taken a pic. I've never seen that before. So all you with cheap cone filters beware.
Besides that the engine is great. No problems and it runs the P08 ECU
Old 05-15-2004, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: mini me driving ME crazy (SleepyHF)

YES i have a 99 y7/y8 head swap and its driving me crazy the car does not run good at all specially at low rpms it chokes or if the timming got retired for some reason had a p2p ecu and was getting a cel of 45 too rich or too lean swap ecus to p28 and now the car just drives like crap any body help???? are the y7 and y8 distributors different? how about the injectors? anybody? i have posted this up so many times already don't be hattin if you have seen it thanks
Old 05-15-2004, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: mini me driving ME crazy (gabspeed)

Distributors are the exact same. Injectors are different. The dx is something like 190 and the ex is 240. What year head did you put on the y7/y8 setup? The 96-98 do not have air injection holes, 99+ do. Make sure if you have the 96-98 head you have a 96-98 intake manifold. Same thing for the 99+. Did this swap myself, any more questions let me know.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: mini me driving ME crazy (97mini-me)

hi yeah how can you tell the injectors are different? are you sure about that? im running my stock dx injectors with a 96 head and a 96-98 intake manifold on the obdII ecu i get a CEL of 45 ( too rich or too lean) do you have this problem? thanks
Old 05-18-2004, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: mini me driving ME crazy (gabspeed)

Physically, I don't know what the difference is, but there is definitely a difference in flow. I know that for a fact. I don't have a cel. I got the full y8 manifold, sensors, head, exhaust manifold, ecu. Pretty much everything. If you have the y7 injectors that very well could be the cause of your cel. You are probably running lean.