Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Middle of B-Series Swap along w/ Auto-5spd Conversion...Have some questions

Old 03-28-2006, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Middle of B-Series Swap along w/ Auto-5spd Conversion...Have some questions

:As posted in the "92-00 Civic/Del Sol" Threads:

Right now, I am in the middle of doing a b18b1 swap along with an auto-manual conversion for a buddy of mine in his auto 93 civic ex. So far, I have gathered these parts:

OBD1 b18b1
OBD1 5spd P75 ecu
5spd Starter
5spd Axels
5spd Pedals
Master and Slave cylinder
B-Series Shift Linkages (missing plate that hold shifter in linkage so if anyone knows where I can get one, PLEASE LMK!!!!)
Shifter
In the hunt for 5spd b-series tranny, clutch, flywheel, and pressure plate. ( If anyone these items in the Upstate SC area that is in good working condition, PLEASE LMK!!!)

Here are my questions...

After searching and searching, I found out that the auto chassis top side tranny mount is slanted upward while the 5spd chassis mount is flat. I have found on Hasports web site that they sell the hydraulic manual transmission mount for the automatic chassis with a nice price tag of $175 Anyways, I have also found that HCP makes mounts for the B-Series into the EG chassis and I am wondering if their top-side tranny mount is the same as the Hasport mount? Wondering this b/c JDMShit.com sells their mounts for $185 shipped which would be the better deal rather than just buying the one Hasport mount for $175. I have thought about having someone fab the mount for me but seeings how I dont have a 5spd tranny right now, I cant get the measurements. Now if someone has the Hasport hydraulic manual transmission mount for the automatic chassis and could supply me with the measurements of it I could have one made and it would be a great help!

My next questions deals with making the car think it is in park in order to remove the key from the ignition after the swap. I know that I will have to run some wires together that are on the plug for the auto shifter but I am unsure what wires those are. I have found a page on here showing the auto shifter plug for the DC chassis with detailed information on which wires to run together and I am wondering if those "pin-outs" are the same for the Civic auto shifter plug. On that page, it says:

" On the shifter for the auto transmission, you will see a 14-wire plug. Cut the plug from the auto shifter assembly,
and leave about 5 inches of wire. Looking at the plug, the positions are
(left to right) (top row) 14,13,12,11,10,9,8 and (bottom row) 7,6,5,4,3,2,1.

Starter and Key removal: Connect wires 10,11,12 together (2 thick black wires and grenn/white) " (https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1255332)

Can anyone confirm for me if those wires are the same on the Civic auto plug and if not, direct me to the correct wires to run together?

Any other "hidden" information about doing this swap would be great help if someone would be willing to help me here. I have never done an auto-manual conversion before so you can consider me a n00b and I am sure I will ask some n00b questions about the conversion..please bear with me here. Once again, any and all help will be greatly appreciated. I am ready to get this thing back on the road. Thanks again guys!

Modified by Trock1029 at 12:06 AM 3/29/2006
Old 03-28-2006, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Middle of B-Series Swap along w/ Auto-5spd Conversion...Have some questions (Trock1029)

Please?!?
Old 03-29-2006, 06:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Middle of B-Series Swap along w/ Auto-5spd Conversion...Have some questions (Trock1029)

up for a guy in help

going to look at this more deeply at work
Old 03-29-2006, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Middle of B-Series Swap along w/ Auto-5spd Conversion...Have some questions (Mr.RHTuner)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr.RHTuner &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">up for a guy in help

going to look at this more deeply at work </TD></TR></TABLE>

Awesome! Thanks for your help! TTT!
Old 03-29-2006, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

TTT!
Old 03-29-2006, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Trock1029 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">TTT!</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-05-2006, 10:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

does anybody know if the auto to 5spd mount for the DC chassis will work for the 93 civic auto to manual swap?
Old 04-06-2006, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Middle of B-Series Swap along w/ Auto-5spd Conversion...Have some questions (tquick0910)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tquick0910 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">does anybody know if the auto to 5spd mount for the DC chassis will work for the 93 civic auto to manual swap?</TD></TR></TABLE>
bump for answers please
Old 04-06-2006, 02:36 PM

i just did this same swap in my 97 dx. I bought all 99-00 si mounts all the way around. So im unsure of your tranny mount q'. As far as wiring i picked up a hanes manual and wired my car to stay in park. In my 97 it was the "big" plug that plugged into the auto shifter assembally, there were 2 fat black wires (one black and red one black and white), those had to be wired together for the car to crank. Then there were 2 smaller wires one black, the other black with blue stripe after those were wired together the car was in park. Im sorry my answer is kinda vague i am trying to help...but not sure what differs from ek-eg. By the way im in rock hill and may have a few parts you need, i will check my garage and see what i have. What engine did you take out of the civic?
Old 04-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Middle of B-Series Swap along w/ Auto-5spd Conversion...Have some questions (civic_dreams95)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civic_dreams95 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i just did this same swap in my 97 dx. I bought all 99-00 si mounts all the way around. So im unsure of your tranny mount q'. As far as wiring i picked up a hanes manual and wired my car to stay in park. In my 97 it was the "big" plug that plugged into the auto shifter assembally, there were 2 fat black wires (one black and red one black and white), those had to be wired together for the car to crank. Then there were 2 smaller wires one black, the other black with blue stripe after those were wired together the car was in park. Im sorry my answer is kinda vague i am trying to help...but not sure what differs from ek-eg. By the way im in rock hill and may have a few parts you need, i will check my garage and see what i have. What engine did you take out of the civic?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the input man! We took a rod knocking d16z6 out with about 150k on it