Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

map sensor broke off, can i start the motor? And wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default map sensor broke off, can i start the motor? And wiring question

I was doing a swap and while we were putting the motor in the car the map sensor got bumped against the back of the engine bay and the map sensor broke off by the pins. I ordered a new throttle body bc i dont want to have to drill out the sensor etc. Is it okay if i start my motor tomorow anyway just to make sure it runs because i havent had a chance to start it yet and i want to make sure the motor acctually runs.

#2. I put a obd1 jspec gsr motor into a 94 usdm ls teg, when everything was wired up i have two extra plugs with the same color wires on the right hand side of the engine bay. Both have one wire mainly red and the other is mainly yellow, i forget the subcolors, but iwill check tomorow. They also both have two cavities and one is male,one female. I looked in the Helms and its either wire c219 or c220 and c104. It looks like they should connect together but one is square and the other more of a circle. One is off the car's harness going to the ecu, and the other from the engine harness. Did anyone else run into this problem doing a similar swap? If so, shoudl i just cut the plugs and solder the wires together? I'll post pics tomorow if u need.

THanks alot for your help!
Old 03-14-2004, 04:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: map sensor broke off, can i start the motor? And wiring question (WreckedTeggie)

anyone???
Old 03-14-2004, 05:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: map sensor broke off, can i start the motor? And wiring question (WreckedTeggie)

Was it the MAP sensor (on top) or the TPS (on the back) that got broke? Sounds to me like the TPS which is a typical sensor to break when taking motors in and out. Either way, both of those sensors if they aren't working or plugged in will immediately throw the ECU into "limp" mode and the car will bog and stall. You might be able to get the car to turn over but with either of those sensors not working it's not going to run very long or idle hardly at all.
Old 03-14-2004, 05:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: map sensor broke off, can i start the motor? And wiring question (VTECVillain)

It was the sensor on the top of the trottle body. I'm not sure if it's the tps or map,but the guys helpin me out said it was the map, but they werent sure if it would run at all without it.

Will a d series throttle body w map work?? bc i have a few d16z6;s laying around..
Old 03-14-2004, 05:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Both the Z6 MAP and TPS sensor will swap over onto most throttle body's. You mentioned drilling it out but the top sensor is the MAP which unscrews with 2 phillips head screws. Just switch it with the MAP from the Z6 and fire that thing up!
Old 03-14-2004, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: map sensor broke off, can i start the motor? And wiring question (VTECVillain)

Update: I looked again and it was the TPS Sensor. I used one off of a d series and it works perfectly. The only code i am getting is 21 which is something w the vtec solenoid. I'll have to look more into that later though.
Old 08-26-2004, 05:55 PM
IVI
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to bump such an old thread, but the 2 cirlce things he is talking about i need to know what those are too.

and vtecvillain i need some info from you.

i have alot of trouble with the map sensor, the iat, and iacv.