Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Making a '90 Integra GS into a mid-engined experimental racecar....

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 05:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Making a '90 Integra GS into a mid-engined experimental racecar....

I'm turning my '90 GS into an experimental mid engine, rear drive racecar and have some questions:

1. For the transmission I am going to have to make a special mechanism which will allow the shifter to be orientated 180 degrees from normal. Not sure how I'm going to do this, but I also thought about using a Prelude Motor and transmission since it is a cable system - and the motor has more torque. So if I go with the cable shifting system then it should be an easier install then, right? How exactly does the cable shift sytem work?

2. Has anybody experimented with adjustable proportioning valves for the braking system? Since it's mid-engine I will need to adjust the brake bias accordingly, especially if the rotors will now be larger.

3. Anybody have an idea on the best way to "fix" the rear suspension (which is to be a transplanted front suspension). I was thinking use the steering linkage and mount some tie bars which would go to the welded sub-frame assembly.

Thanks.
Old 07-24-2002, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Making a '90 Integra GS into a mid-engined experimental racecar.... (Vracer111)

A student at Honda's Mechanic school in Japan made a mid-engined 2G...it just sits at the school collecting dust. I think it has a B16.
Old 07-24-2002, 10:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Making a '90 Integra GS into a mid-engined experimental racecar.... (NOCARLOSER)

Ack...a B16 - why would you want to downgrade the torque curve from stock?

Anyways I have decided on going with the H23A motor and tranny (need to find me a '92 Si....). This means I need to go with the prelude suspension components (CV shafts, hub, A-arms, etc...) too, right?