Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS Swap into EG ran...not now

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS Swap into EG ran...not now

Alright, I am at the end of my rope here. Dropped an OBD 2 LS motor and trans into my 1993 civic OBD1. Have the wiring harness all figured out with the correct adapaters for dizzy and injectors as well as the correct integra 5 speed ECU.

My swap was from HMOTORS online which was great. The problem is I got the car started twice. Then I heard a loud pop and now I am getting nothing!!

Battery is brand new, main relay is brand new, had the starter tested and it worked perfectly. Did not blow a single fuse! Checked every single one of them from power window to ECM! Starter is getting 12 volts, ignition is sending out 12-13 volts to everything it should be but nothing happens!

I have searched and searched and cannot find anything to help. Please lemme know what your thinking it might be cause I'm outta ideas and ready to have a shop look at it if I can find one. Thanks!

-Derek

Oh yeah here's what were trying to save...

Old 03-12-2014, 02:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LS Swap into EG ran...not now

Originally Posted by TheBlueDemon
Alright, I am at the end of my rope here. Dropped an OBD 2 LS motor and trans into my 1993 civic OBD1. Have the wiring harness all figured out with the correct adapaters for dizzy and injectors as well as the correct integra 5 speed ECU.

My swap was from HMOTORS online which was great. The problem is I got the car started twice. Then I heard a loud pop and now I am getting nothing!!

Battery is brand new, main relay is brand new, had the starter tested and it worked perfectly. Did not blow a single fuse! Checked every single one of them from power window to ECM! Starter is getting 12 volts, ignition is sending out 12-13 volts to everything it should be but nothing happens!

I have searched and searched and cannot find anything to help. Please lemme know what your thinking it might be cause I'm outta ideas and ready to have a shop look at it if I can find one. Thanks!

-Derek

Oh yeah here's what were trying to save...

I like the paint
But where'd the pop come from. What else have you diagnosed so far. Anything internally. A pop huh? Just a thought on this but have you checked to see if your timing belt has snapped. Give more detail as well
Old 03-21-2014, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LS Swap into EG ran...not now

No it was definitely an electrical pop. Couldn't tell whether it was in the car or the engine bay so I have gone through everything! Checked every fuse, had starter tested, battery, changed main relay again, tested ignition, only thing I can even think of is ECU but the fuse never blew. I'm waiting on a chipped one to come in and then I'll be trying that as every wire and ground has been checked. I'm at a loss right now, just hoping ECU saves the project...