Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls swap BIG PROLEMS

Old 04-09-2011, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls swap BIG PROLEMS

I have spent hours and hours looking on here for the info i need and I cant find a specific answer, so please dont bash me to much lol.
So to start heres my story, i have a 99 si(canadian so d16y8). Over the winter i built it and boosted it. Then last week i took it to get it tuned, all went well untill it dropped a rod and destroyed my motor haha. So i had a 94 b18b1 sittin in my garage and decided to swap it in for the time being. The motor is in wired and ready to go.

-The first problem I came across was my fuel pump wouldnt turn on, all fuses are good, it worked fine when i took old motor out. So just to see if i would start i ran a power wire to pump and it turned on and built pressure.

-So went to fire it. Motor wirls over fine but wont fire, or even kick.

I was told by my local turner mechanic that you can start the motor off the d series dizzy, so i didnt have to change the dizzy plug right away. Is this true?? It has fire to all 4 plugs.

I have narrowed it down to a injector issue. has fuel to tops but the injectors wont squirt fuel. i Spliced the b18 clips on the si harness.
The only thing i can think of is, it had a resistor box it with the turbo setup to run my dsm 450s. i cut the resistor box off and was told to just solider all the wires for the box all together and it should work fine. Is that true???

Oh and so you know im running a obd2b to 0bd1 conversion harness and the ecu out of the 94 ls.

Im sorry if this has been asked before, just really wanna get my car running. thanks for you time!