Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS Engine Swap into a 94 Civic

Old 01-21-2003, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS Engine Swap into a 94 Civic

I was wondering what all must be done to swap a b18b LS engine into a 94 civic ex. If anyone here has done this swap, Id love to hear about what all needed changed to make it work, what I need to do about vtec wiring since I have a vtec now and the ls engine is non-vtec, and what the hardest parts of the swap were. Also, I have a greddy turbo kit on my car right now...Id like to reuse it on the ls engine, besides the manifold, would anything else need to be changed in order to make the kit work with the ls engine? Any input u guys can give me on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-21-2003, 05:46 PM

Default Re: LS Engine Swap into a 94 Civic (Licensed2Spool)

LS swap will be easy. As for your turbo kit, you will need to get a B series manifold and your all set.
Old 01-23-2003, 09:24 AM

Default Re: LS Engine Swap into a 94 Civic (XEventHorizonX)

bump...still looking for details about the swap and what all needs done.
Old 01-23-2003, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: LS Engine Swap into a 94 Civic (Licensed2Spool)

I was wondering what all must be done to swap a b18b LS engine into a 94 civic ex. If anyone here has done this swap, Id love to hear about what all needed changed to make it work
You will need a complete swap: Motor, Tranny, ECU, Axles, Shift linkage, and other misc. parts.

what I need to do about vtec wiring since I have a vtec now and the ls engine is non-vtec
Even though your car has VTEC wiring, using an OBDI PR4 LS ECU will plug into your cabin harness and there will be no wiring involved. The VTEC wiring will just lay dead in the harness and not be used.

and what the hardest parts of the swap were
There should be no hard part to this swap. It is straight forward with little to wiring involved.

Also, I have a greddy turbo kit on my car right now...Id like to reuse it on the ls engine, besides the manifold, would anything else need to be changed in order to make the kit work with the ls engine?
A B-series turbo manifold and possibly a new downpipe should be all you need. Depending on how you route the oil and misc. vacuum lines you might need longer/shorter ones due to the slightly different engine orientation.
Old 01-24-2003, 09:08 AM

Default Re: LS Engine Swap into a 94 Civic (VTECVillain)

cool, thanks!