Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Hybrid / Engine Swaps (https://honda-tech.com/forums/hybrid-engine-swaps-18/)
-   -   LS automatic into CRX (https://honda-tech.com/forums/hybrid-engine-swaps-18/ls-automatic-into-crx-603261/)

lsvtecivic 08-26-2003 08:15 PM

LS automatic into CRX

I was wondering if you could put a automatic LS into a automatic crx without heavy modification??If so how much harder would it be compared to a 5speed setup?Also what parts are need to make this swap possible?

Just need some info.

WickedKP 08-26-2003 08:28 PM

Re: LS automatic into CRX (lsvtecivic)

well consider is your car a auto to begin with?? to you have to reweld your mount cause the auto ls tranny mount is diffrent and to my knowlege there is no kit. and two electrical need to be redone. i'm not saying it's imposible cause they do have auto b16a.

VTECVillain 08-27-2003 05:09 AM

Is the car is already and auto then it wouldn't be too bad. The auto and manual mounts in the 88-91 Civic/CRX are the same and the tranny bracket on the frame rail is also the same. On the Integra though the mount and bracket are different between the manual and auto so that would be your main issue. You might have to custom fab or modify the tranny mount from the kit you decide to use.

lsvtecivic 08-27-2003 12:16 PM

Re: LS automatic into CRX (VTECVillain)

The crx is automatic.So the main issue would be the tranny mount?If im correct you are talking about the front mount.If so i got the aftermarket cross member that comes with the tranny mount so your able to fit B series header without cutting.The crossmember i am talking about is the one from z10.

if it would be easier to explain over the phone email me with number-Spy9066@aol.com

VTECVillain 08-27-2003 02:42 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lsvtecivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So the main issue would be the tranny mount?If im correct you are talking about the front mount.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No actually I'm referring to the upper tranny mount. https://honda-tech.com/forums/images/smilies/emwink.gif

lsvtecivic 08-27-2003 04:05 PM

Ok i see what your talking about.We will prob cut and place it.Another thing about axles and the wire harness.I have a wire harness from a 5speed 90 civic si will that work or do i have to have the automatic wireharness??

BIG RICH 08-27-2003 07:56 PM

rewire the DX harness. it's easier.

Jdmbsixteen 08-27-2003 08:15 PM

Re: LS automatic into CRX (BIG RICH)

It would be a pain in the ass and not very cost effective to convert your already auto trans to a 5 speed. I my opinion it is not worth it. Find a car that has a 5 speed and go from there or just find a shell and drop a b16.

jumpmann23 08-27-2003 08:52 PM

what about finding a older 91-93 Ls integra that was auto to begin with would that solve the mount issue? couldnt you use the older auto mount on the civic?

VTECVillain 08-28-2003 04:09 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lsvtecivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a wire harness from a 5speed 90 civic si will that work or do i have to have the automatic wireharness??</TD></TR></TABLE>

Whether the engine harness is from an auto or manual doesn't matter, but either way just reuse the stock one and do the DPFI to MPFI wiring. The Si harness will not plug in at the shock towers because the plug styles are different. Even if it did there would still be wiring to do from that point to the ECU (cabin harness side).

lsvtecivic 08-28-2003 11:41 AM

Ok,so if i were to ditch the ls tranny and go with a b16a autotranny i wouldn't have to worry about the mount problem.So basicly it would drop in like a 5speed?And us the dx wireharness and ecu with a vtec controller.Of course rewire it like you said.Do you know were i can get that diagram for the rewiring of the harness?

thx