Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS\Type-R hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2002, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS\Type-R hybrid

Hey, I want to build an engine with the Integra LS block and them put a Type-R head on with custom cams and all the other good stuff but I don't know where to get the block. If anyone knows where to buy the block please let me know. Shipping is not a problem.
Thanks,
Mitch

P.S. Also if anyone knows where i can get all of the parts metallaxed let me know.

Old 05-02-2002, 08:05 AM

Default Re: LS\Type-R hybrid (Gizmoboy)

I don't know if I wasn't clear on what I'm trying to do. I want to build a Frankenstien engine. I want to use the integra LS block with custom cams, possibly a type-r head or something else with VTEC. I'm gonna turbo it so I am going to need high strength cylinder sleeves, I don't care about having to make the LS block VTEC. I'm not sure what parts I want exactly, I just know I want the LS block and most likely the type-r head. I also know that if I can find out where I can get every part possible metallaxed. So I really would like the help.

Thanks'
Mitch
Old 05-02-2002, 10:37 AM
New User

okay first of all, your doing a LS VTEC build up. first you need a ls block. 90+ the newer the better. make sure the block is in good condition. the point of ls vtec is the power from the block. enable to have a reliable block you must hone, balance the crank. these are the basics to make the ls vtec run properly. but if your going all out its a different story. once you find a block make sure you get the rods with the block if your planning to shoot nos or go turbo. leave the ls pistons and do not put any high compression pistons. after doing so, you have to purchase the vtec line and connect from the oil passage from the back to the head. this site would really help you. when i built mine it was fast *** hell but high maineance
http://www.angelfire.com/dc/lsvtec/2019.html
Old 05-02-2002, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

custom cams?

i am lost , are you going to make your own?