Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a Second Gen B16a Sir2 with an automatic Tranny

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a Second Gen B16a Sir2 with an automatic Tranny

Im in VA, and I'm looking to buy a OBD1 B16a SIr2 (Automatic) for my 97 Civic EX.....and if you know what mounts it would take to install it that would be great.

I have a OBD0 B16 right now and I'm running into difficulties with that

I have a OBD2a (auto) Engine wiring Harness, a OBD2a to OBD1 Conversion harness, I have a spoon chipped P28 setup for Automatic....and I'm trying to drop a B16a Sir1 (auto) into the 97 civic Splicing the OBD0 connectors onto the OBD2 wiring harness.

But....buyinbg a OBD1 motor would help emensly.

Thanks,
Russell Brown
Old 09-01-2004, 08:17 AM

Default Re: Looking for a Second Gen B16a Sir2 with an automatic Tranny (russjameson)

why would you want an automatic???
Old 09-01-2004, 08:23 AM

Default Re: Looking for a Second Gen B16a Sir2 with an automatic Tranny (zseeanz)

The car is my wifes, and she is too stubborn to learn to drive stick.

also I have a D16y8 (auto)........needs new Crank bearings and a D16y7 (5 speed)that I am parting out if you need some parts.
I am also selling some of the parts currently on ebay.

But either way...I know auto sucks and it drains the motors torque but.....**** happens and women control the gates to ..........hold on........I'm married that **** doesn't happen anymore.

Old 09-01-2004, 08:43 AM

Default Re: Looking for a Second Gen B16a Sir2 with an automatic Tranny (russjameson)

^^^I feel your pain
Old 09-01-2004, 11:36 AM

Default Re: Looking for a Second Gen B16a Sir2 with an automatic Tranny (zseeanz)

my gf was stubborn too.You have to be persisent and make learning to drive stick fun.She now says she'll never own a auto again.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Looking for a Second Gen B16a Sir2 with an automatic Tranny (b18bcivic)

tell her she can have the motor if shes makes the HUGE sacrafice to drive a 5-speed. imo its not worth looking for an auto...

or u could stick with a d-series auto (much easier to find and swap)

Old 09-01-2004, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Looking for a Second Gen B16a Sir2 with an automatic Tranny (skunk2eg)

I used to have a 87 Civic DX 4 speed manual ..she tried driving that a few times and I think it scared the crap out of her.......I was out to sea on a Submarine and she tried to have lessons on it with her mom.........That car was very picky on the clutch and she said her mom cussed her out several times that day for stalling the middle of a few intersections....so i think it is definatley a Psychological thing she will have to get over.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:44 PM

got a questiionf for anyone on here.
How do I change my picture or I guess its an Icon?
And someone IMed me but it wont let me IM them back...how do I set that up?

thanks
Old 09-01-2004, 06:30 PM

you have to go to "avatar" in your profile................btw i would be scared in a 87 civic 4 speed
Old 09-02-2004, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Looking for a Second Gen B16a Sir2 with an automatic Tranny (b18bcivic)

Dont worry...I was passed once by a guy on a riding lawnmower....j/k

When i go to Avatar. it tell me i dont have permission to change it......I dont have permission to Instant message either.

hmmmm...I must just not be cool enough......

I got it....maybe it is because im asking for help with an automatic....lol
Old 09-02-2004, 03:35 PM
ABK
Honda-Tech Member

I heard that there is a obdI b16a2 but that's hard to find. Just get a b16a2 long block, and integra auto tranny (plus flex plate, and torque converter)

For the ecu just run a GSR or LS to pass emission, and just get a jumper harness from obdII to obdI and run a chipped ecu, or just get a p30 and just change out a few resistors.
Old 09-02-2004, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you ever thought about just throwing in a LS automatic engine instead? less hassle, more torque and less issues. besides I doubt you would be in the vtec range long enough to even enjoy it since it is a automatic. just a thought.
Old 09-02-2004, 04:26 PM
h22ejcoupe

Default Re: Looking for a Second Gen B16a Sir2 with an automatic Tranny (sleeperciv)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sleeperciv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you ever thought about just throwing in a LS automatic engine instead? less hassle, more torque and less issues. besides I doubt you would be in the vtec range long enough to even enjoy it since it is a automatic. just a thought.</TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly what he said
Old 09-03-2004, 10:08 PM
ABK
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Looking for a Second Gen B16a Sir2 with an automatic Tranny (sleeperciv)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sleeperciv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you ever thought about just throwing in a LS automatic engine instead? less hassle, more torque and less issues. besides I doubt you would be in the vtec range long enough to even enjoy it since it is a automatic. just a thought.</TD></TR></TABLE>
what do you mean long enough?
Old 09-06-2004, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Looking for a Second Gen B16a Sir2 with an automatic Tranny (ABK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ABK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
what do you mean long enough?</TD></TR></TABLE>

automatic tranny are exactlly what they are, they automatically shift for you. the only way you can hold onto a gear long enough to enjoy range the VTEC is in is when you shift it to a lower gear. if that's the case why bother doing it? why don't you just get a manual tranny, that's what it's design to do. see my point?
Old 09-07-2004, 08:08 AM

I only my wife would let me swap out te auto for a manual...that would make life easier...and the car faster...but hey...**** happens.

any one know what mounts and brackets I need to install a OBD1 b16a sir1 into a 97 Civic EX

Oh yeah...dont forget its an automatic...Yuck
Old 09-07-2004, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My wife took some convincing, but she loves the manual now. Keep trying to convince her. Pay one of her friends to tell her it's cool to drive manual.
Old 09-11-2004, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Looking for a Second Gen B16a Sir2 with an automatic Tranny (jolt-tsp)

I think I scared all of her friends away with my crazy driving.....they don't want to talk to me about cars at all. No wrecks yet.....Knock on wood.....But I push the limit a lot
Old 09-11-2004, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have one for you ... email me... down2skatea@yahoo.com
Old 09-11-2004, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You cant Im or post in the classifieds or change your avatar to your liking because you are a trial user. You hae to have 20 post or be on HT a certain amount of days I forget what it is though...been awhile.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:17 AM

Default Re: (specv5150)

Well as soon as I'm done with this crazy swap maybe Ill try to help some people with my lessons learned......

First lesson learned....automatics suck.......

See that was very informative
Old 09-20-2004, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (russjameson)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by russjameson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well as soon as I'm done with this crazy swap maybe Ill try to help some people with my lessons learned......

First lesson learned....automatics suck.......

See that was very informative</TD></TR></TABLE>

You sound like an H-T Guru already. But yea as previously posted you have to be a trial user for a certain amount of time (25 days, I think). and have a certain amount of posts (20 or 25, I think) than you become a full fledged user, with the option to use the Instant message, classified section, etc.

Welcome to H-T, good luck it's a jungle out there...
Old 09-22-2004, 03:19 PM

Default Re: (Jon V)

I actually gave up on the second gen B16 for money reasons and I'm gonna do a bastardized first gen motor second gen ecu and D16 obd2 wiring harness converted to obd0....
this is so gonna suck but maybe it will be worth it...If my wife hates it, I'll let her hit me with the car and buy a new one with the insurance money....lol
j/k
Thank every one for their input...i know im a cheap moran...but Hey...I'm tryin
Old 09-23-2004, 12:30 PM
ABK
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (russjameson)

You won't pass emission with that, so have fun.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:58 AM

Default Re: (ABK)

Its cool I live in Va Beach, and I have some conections here and there....
But if, and when the wifey wants a new car, I am going to drop a News B16 with a 5 speed manual in there.....

Quick Reply: Looking for a Second Gen B16a Sir2 with an automatic Tranny