Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Hybrid / Engine Swaps (https://honda-tech.com/forums/hybrid-engine-swaps-18/)
-   -   Looking for opinions, what's chassis for h22 swap (https://honda-tech.com/forums/hybrid-engine-swaps-18/looking-opinions-whats-chassis-h22-swap-3311789/)

fasthatchb18c1 12-08-2017 01:38 PM

Looking for opinions, what's chassis for h22 swap

3 Attachment(s)
Hello, it's been a long time since I've posted here... I have a Honda again and have options. My brother bought this car years ago and replaced all sorts of things to just have more problems. He owed me money and offered the car as payment. I have maybe driven it for six months. He did a jdm swap with the accord sir tras/lsd but they didnt swap out the oil pump for a usdm one and ran into trouble. I got it to run off the jdm ecu and wired in the cps to the distributor. It won' pass emissions in this state so it has been parked collecting dust.

From then till now, I had a falling out with my brother and haven' talked to him for over a year, I never got him to change the title back to his name after he used the car as collateral for a loan he paid off. So I have the title but it' in the banks name, not his. Anyway, I don' want this body, when I drove it, everybody tried to race me, it got annoying quick. I don' want to put a bunch of money into it for go fast parts because I have a 08 350z I want to put a whole bunch of money into to go fast... parts.

so I started thinking about swapping the h22 into a older/lighter honda or acura. Im going h2b for sure. At first, I was thinking a 92-95 hatch. My first two cars where eh hatches, I miss having one and had fun swapping in a gsr. Then I though, if I get an Integra, the swap will be super easy with the b series trans already there.

So I started my research, first swap I come upon a guy is putting a h22 into his crx. He ran into a bunch of problems with wireing. Fitting wasn't too bad with the alt relocation kit and h/b kit for the crx. It got to point where he bought a prelude that was rear ended and removed all the wiring for the engine/ecu/ignition/gauge cluster and what ever else needed to have a fully running obd2 prelude in his crx. So that opened up the possibility to swap the h22 into any chassis I want!

What I'm looking for is fun dd I can pass emissions with and be reliable. No one ever talks about the drivabilty of a h22 swapped car, or at least I can' find it. I'm thinking the crx might suck for driving with all that weight up front. I've been a mechanic for 10 years, have all the tools and knowledge I need to compete this.

Just looking for opinions on different swaps, what people have used and liked or didnt.

fasthatchb18c1 12-08-2017 01:45 PM

Re: Looking for opinions, what's chassis for h22 swap

Damn it, what's chassis...

also I haven' done a leakdown test yet. Motor could get rebuilt, I hope not though.
...I'm going to use nitrous too, took it off the z to redo the lines and replace some stuff. It will be a while before I get to that so I'll use it on the honda.

fasthatchb18c1 12-09-2017 05:22 PM

Re: Looking for opinions, what's chassis for h22 swap

Unless someone can convince me otherwise, I'm going with a ef hatch, maybe a 92-95 if the right price comes up.