Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking to get some cams for the H22

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2003, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking to get some cams for the H22

Do I really need a set of retainers along with the valve springs and cams? I read all the time stock valve springs. Prob gonna use a stage 2 cam, not sure from who. This may be a tech ? but i'm usually in here.

Also is $200 for a set of new skunk2 valve springs a good deal?
Old 03-22-2003, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: looking to get some cams for the H22 (h22 civ)

I wanna know too.
Old 03-22-2003, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: looking to get some cams for the H22 (fastwanabe)

If you are going to run Stage 2 or higher, then I do suggest upgrading the springs a retainers. On stage 2 it is not mandatory, but highly recommended. As for a good set of cams, I am still really indecisive. I have always been a big fan of Skunk2's, but I have heard both pro's and con's of them in the H22's. If you want to run a Jun setup, then please upgrade the valves as well as the springs and retainers. The one thing I like about the Skunks is they offer different applications and are also a chillcast design made of a billet core. So they offer better lubrication and have less of a tendency to break like the older Skunkworks cams. Also, Jun is supposed to be releasing a complete engine package upgrade for the H22's pretty soon that includes Jun pistons, rods, valves, springs, retainers, gears, and some other pretty bad *** stuff that they wouldn't really tell me about. From what I was told, the numbers sound pretty sick.
Old 03-22-2003, 07:59 PM

Default Re: looking to get some cams for the H22 (JDMH22HATCH)

Actually the ??? was do I need retainers, along with springs and cams. I am going to upgrade the springs along with the cams, but what i read is stock retainers along with aftermarket springs and cams.

Just trying to same some money, if there not REALLY necesary then i don't want them. I'm going to keep the stock bottom end and stock valves. Not really going all out with this engine, just think some better cams will help.

JUN would be my choice but like you know right now they have nothing, skunk2 is kind of limited also, Crowers seem to be breaking a lot as of lately...