Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lifetime Warranty Axles..

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2002, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lifetime Warranty Axles..

I heard of someone talking about lifetime warranty axles and i want to know where i can get me some of these axles? are these axles pretty strong?
Old 12-05-2002, 10:57 PM
New User

Default Re: Lifetime Warranty Axles.. (b20b4me)

autozone, kragen, pepboys......lifetime warranty for a reason......they break!

Old 12-05-2002, 11:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Lifetime Warranty Axles.. (mindtrix)

autozone, kragen, pepboys......lifetime warranty for a reason......they break!
forget it they guys lol ill just stick to buying either DSS stage II or III axles
Old 12-06-2002, 03:11 AM

Default Re: Lifetime Warranty Axles.. (b20b4me)

Competition Engineering has axles that comes with a full lifetime replacement warranty. http://www.raxles.com also has a lifetime warranty but it is limited.
Old 12-06-2002, 03:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Lifetime Warranty Axles.. (Maximus)

I haven't had problems with advanced auto parts axles.. Considering I can get two sets for a lot less than some RAXLES or DSS I'm sticking to those.

Refabbed axles from pepboys or wherever will be fine unless you are going to run a really big slick.
Old 12-06-2002, 05:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Lifetime Warranty Axles.. (trbob16a)

lifetime warranty is great and all, but what happens when you go to the track have a great R/T and then bang 2nd to hard and BANG!!! you still have to get the car home, take out old axle, and go to pepboys, napa, etc... to get a new one. heaven forbid if you have to send the axle back to some one, and they have to tell you if it was there fault or not. the time waiting to me is not worth it. DSS II or DSS III, are great, and well worth the extra money up front for the time you save later. not to mention if you can't do the reparis your self, that can get expensive.
DSS II are NOT lifetime warranty, but frank does give you a 3 month warranty, with them.
i was finally able to make a full pass down the 1320, with DSS II. never made it passed 2nd with anything eles.
BTw: i was on 16 koise's with almost 1.25" of wheel gap on the front wheels, when i broke all of my axles
Old 12-06-2002, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Lifetime Warranty Axles.. (cccya)

Guess it depends on your luck then.. I know a number of guys that are laying out over 400whp, making 10-11 second passes on OEM axles.
Old 12-06-2002, 02:03 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Lifetime Warranty Axles.. (cccya)

lifetime warranty is great and all, but what happens when you go to the track have a great R/T and then bang 2nd to hard and BANG!!! you still have to get the car home, take out old axle, and go to pepboys, napa, etc... to get a new one.
if u that ****** dumb to go to the track w/only the set of axles in ur car then u deserve to pay the consequences. i go to the track w/ 3 sets. ppl that dont carry extra sets arent real racers.
Old 12-07-2002, 05:16 AM

Default Re: Lifetime Warranty Axles.. (hondaatwsu)

common man WTF is a real racer? I think I have a movie for you to see.

I have meet more than a few guys running on OEM's. It is nice to carry the big autostore axles with ya so you dont have to get towed home. Or do like me and make sure your car has tow coverage from the ins comapny
Old 12-08-2002, 06:00 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Lifetime Warranty Axles.. (GTRsi)

i run OEM axles too, but i carry 3 sets. ppl that are real racers go prepared. but i guess ur just a user and expect someone else to tow ur car back home to mommys.
Old 12-08-2002, 06:30 PM

I love one somone posts like a big man on the net. You must be prety hardcore for 3seta and you have the mouth to match! You win the big man contest, now go buy a camero.

j/b
Old 12-08-2002, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Lifetime Warranty Axles.. (GTRsi)

"if u that ****** dumb to go to the track w/only the set of axles in ur car then u deserve to pay the consequences. i go to the track w/ 3 sets. ppl that dont carry extra sets arent real racers."

Hahaha, you're stupid.

" i live my life a pair of axles at a time"

[Modified by Replica667, 3:41 AM 12/9/2002]
Old 12-08-2002, 06:40 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Lifetime Warranty Axles.. (Replica667)

im not the one broke down at the track now huh?

whos the stupid one? thats what i thought.
Old 12-08-2002, 06:42 PM

Um, my axles rule. They have vtec and can't break.
Old 12-08-2002, 06:44 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Um, my axles rule. They have vtec and can't break.
lol, i expect answers like that from texans.
Old 12-08-2002, 06:47 PM

I havn't broken a set yet playa.

Invest your money some where safe and not in axles. The return is real shitty.

j/b
Old 12-08-2002, 06:47 PM

okay...

If you're breaking axles on a 13 second car, it might be the driver's fault. To carry 3 pairs is absolutely over the top! As for determining the criteria for a "True Racer" is truely retarded.
Old 12-08-2002, 06:55 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

i only took out 1 last yr. lightness of the car is what i attribute that too. the coupe was breakin axles at a rate of 3 per yr. now that sucked. plus id rather stay all day at the track and race than get towed home. better safe than sorry.
Old 12-23-2002, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i only took out 1 last yr. lightness of the car is what i attribute that too. the coupe was breakin axles at a rate of 3 per yr. now that sucked. plus id rather stay all day at the track and race than get towed home. better safe than sorry.
Ok stunna, I am proud of your 3 sets of axles. What axles are these 3 sets?
Old 12-23-2002, 08:04 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Lifetime Warranty Axles.. (Blown90hatcH)

what was this a reply to. im guessin ur attempting to insult me. key word: attempt. and to answer ur question, they were just OEM units.
Old 12-23-2002, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well i just got new axles from napa, 2 weeks later the driverside one is clicking already (just daily driven), thank god for the lifetime warrenty
Old 12-24-2002, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what was this a reply to. im guessin ur attempting to insult me. key word: attempt. and to answer ur question, they were just OEM units.
Why did you cheap out and get some stockers? Also, with all the Jun power, why havent you gotten it tuned? Cheap axles and an untuned engine....what a combo.
Old 12-24-2002, 08:22 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Why did you cheap out and get some stockers? Also, with all the Jun power, why havent you gotten it tuned? Cheap axles and an untuned engine....what a combo.
dont hate on me cause u drive a 90 hatch dude. hmm y did i get some stockers. lets see. bought a totalled 94 integra GSR for 2k, axles obviously came with the car. then my gf got me some ITR axles from brian for my B day. my last set came from a local guy who had me swap a SOHC from a DOHC LS motor that wasnt running right. all in all id say i made no bad investments.
as far as tuning. well my car runs mid 12s on 15" slicks still street legal. id say thats not too bad. besides that not everyone lives in cali where dynos r about every other city away. my motor was built by me, put together by me and installed by me. once again all in all id definitely say ive done a great job. so take ur POS hatch and stick it up ur *** cause ive been more than nice enough to actually answer ur questions when u r attemptin to insult me.
Old 12-25-2002, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dont hate on me cause u drive a 90 hatch dude. hmm y did i get some stockers. lets see. bought a totalled 94 integra GSR for 2k, axles obviously came with the car. then my gf got me some ITR axles from brian for my B day. my last set came from a local guy who had me swap a SOHC from a DOHC LS motor that wasnt running right. all in all id say i made no bad investments.
as far as tuning. well my car runs mid 12s on 15" slicks still street legal. id say thats not too bad. besides that not everyone lives in cali where dynos r about every other city away. my motor was built by me, put together by me and installed by me. once again all in all id definitely say ive done a great job. so take ur POS hatch and stick it up ur *** cause ive been more than nice enough to actually answer ur questions when u r attemptin to insult me.
I love people. Your reply shows how helpful you are to this sport. I dont have my 90 hatch anymore. Even if I still had it, it would walk your Jun garbage. JR + B18c + 13psi would walk over your car anyday. My 90 hatch ran mid 12s on street tires still street legal. I am not impressed that you build your stuff. I have been doing that since the beginning. My 00 hb now is in the process of 10s. I did everything to my engine except install the sleeves. I built everything, designed my own rear LCAs, and CNCed them. Street legal, 450+ whp. I am just on here to try and figure out why you are hating on these people who buy upgrated axles and arent "real" racers who dont have 3 sets of axles. My DSS axles cost me a lot of money, but I will be driving to the track...blasting my 10.5 and then driving home. Your application probably doesnt need anymore than stock axles because of the slick size and power. But dont hate on other people who cant afford the 3 sets of axles. Dynos are abundant here is cali, but I only go there to do the finishing touches of my tuning. Once my speedpro is close enough, then I take it to the dyno for the final touch. I am not trying to insult you, just saying that your car is in no way close to being awesome enough to put people down. They cant afford 3 sets of stockers....who cares....I guess we arent real racers.
Old 12-25-2002, 09:21 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

if u saw my original post i was talkin about ppl that go to the track w/only the set of axles IN the car. i wasnt bashin on ppl cause they bought upgraded axles. if i remember correctly i even stated that i was goin to buy some stage 2 axles in hopes of not breaking another. maybe u should read a little closer. ur replies to me only showed me attempted insults. so i replied back, but i always answered the question.
in another response to the 90 hatch. i would hope it would walk all over my car. lets see. light car, B18C and charged. it better walk all over my car. u put down more HP and more TORQUE, only an idiot wouldnt think u should walk on me. its basic math. u figure it out. lets just guestimate here. 200WHP @ around 130ish torque VS 200WHP @ 160ft lbs. i think its already been decided.

Quick Reply: Lifetime Warranty Axles..