Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Hybrid / Engine Swaps (https://honda-tech.com/forums/hybrid-engine-swaps-18/)
-   -   Late model engine swapping questions (https://honda-tech.com/forums/hybrid-engine-swaps-18/late-model-engine-swapping-questions-3331375/)

BongoBennie 12-11-2018 09:15 PM

Late model engine swapping questions

My target donor car would be a 2010 era Acura MDX with SH-AWD although I would like to keep it a general late model swapping question. In regards to CAN-BUS, If I were to use all the factory sensor, gauge cluster, shifter, etc. can I delete things like the radio and use A/C system from a different car? I also have to make this work with a factory ECU as I need a working OBD2 port for emissions testing. KTuner is available and might be utilised to make the swap easier but the factory performance would be more than adequate.... Any knowledge out there? Thanks in advance.

Freedo_Civegra 12-14-2018 08:26 PM

Re: Late model engine swapping questions

What’s this going into?

BongoBennie 12-15-2018 08:26 AM

1G Insight but it really could apply to any car where OBD2 compliance is necessary. Keep in mind 300hp is plenty and I want an automatic.

Freedo_Civegra 12-15-2018 09:53 AM

Why automatic?

BongoBennie 12-15-2018 09:56 AM

Why are you asking? Its because its what I want. Do you have any knowledge on the original questions I have?

Freedo_Civegra 12-15-2018 10:28 AM

Yes, I do. Do you have any knowledge on humility?

“In regards to CAN-BUS, If I were to use all the factory sensor, gauge cluster, shifter, etc. can I delete things like the radio and use A/C system from a different car?”

Yes, the only thing I’m using on my swap is the ECM. It lists codes for having lost communications with the BCM, Instrument cluster, and ABS; but I don’t think these will set a CEL.

“I also have to make this work with a factory ECU as I need a working OBD2 port for emissions testing.”

Ok, you’ll just need a factory ECU and hook it up to your DLC. That’s what I did in my car.

KTuner would be great for switching codes off like “lost communications with _____.”

BongoBennie 12-15-2018 10:38 AM

Yes I have knowledge on humility but I'm asking a question and you're asking me questions that are not helping me so you are not very helpful.

Don't know any details about you or your car, your post history is nothing but one line questions on everyone else's posts....

Im asking for help because I lack the knowledge, you are talkinging to me like I'm dumb.

Tell me how being more humble to you will make you happy?

Freedo_Civegra 12-15-2018 11:13 AM

Did you read the whole reply? I tried answering the questions that seemed most important.

I took you as coming off a little demanding. My questions about your setup were to try to get more insight into your...Insight. Lol

Search: J30A4 EK

That’s my car. Still needs a TON of work!