Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Last decision before my swap!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2002, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Last decision before my swap!!

First off, disregard my s/n. I had this when i was first curious about the sight and thought the c5 was the best bet for my eg, but figured out that since i wanna eventually go turbo this was not the best bet. My ONLY question is that some peep are tellin me to go with an h22a while others tell me the b18c1 is still the way to go. Keeping in mind that i do plan on runnin boost after christmas, which engine would be my best bet. As far as doe, i only have about 5k to do the swap but the actual install won't cost as much cuz my dad's friend owns the shop that will do it. So i mean takin in my price range, and my future plans, which would be the best way to go? Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanx!
Old 07-23-2002, 10:24 PM

Default Re: Last decision before my swap!! (STilLsAvIn4C5)

if this car is your daily driver you should get the b18c1
if its gonna be strictly drag race then go h22
Old 07-24-2002, 06:43 AM

Default Re: Last decision before my swap!! (ChrisDaun)

With $5k to spend on the motor/tranny alone youll be able to do a lot of stuff to the motor if you go with a GSR swap (ie: Clutch/flywheel, I/H/E, smaller bolt-ons) and they;; be done RIGHT! If you go with the H22 swap and only $5k youll have to cut some corners in places you might not want to. The GSR motor is a good starting point for any car (especially if you want to eventually go turbo). If you get an H22 youll definately be my hero cause thats what ive wanted to do for a while(thats why I got my EK hatch in the first place ). Good luck and only you can decide. $5k is a really good foundation.
Old 07-24-2002, 07:18 AM
EEK
Honda-Tech Member

whats wrong with b18c5 an boost?? my boys R ran 11.20's at the track all day long
Old 07-24-2002, 10:57 AM

Default Re: Last decision before my swap!! (EEK)

thanx for the input guys, i guess i'm stickin witht eh gsr. EEK, i posted a while back about a c5 and everyone told me that a c5 is way harder to boost well or somethin and that it would only be worth gettin if i was goin all motor. Everyone said that if i'm gonna boost eventually that the c1 is my best bet. Plus, i don't have the money left for it any more, o well, peace.
Old 07-24-2002, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can change your name here. I would stick with b-series in your civic.
Old 07-24-2002, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Last decision before my swap!! (Boobookittyfuck)

With $5k to spend on the motor/tranny alone youll be able to do a lot of stuff to the motor if you go with a GSR swap (ie: Clutch/flywheel, I/H/E, smaller bolt-ons)
I sure as hell wouldn't spend the money on I.H.E. if I planned on boosting my car in less than 5 months. You probably wouldn't be able to use any of that stuff after the turbo is installed.
Old 07-24-2002, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Last decision before my swap!! (schmurber)

With $5k to spend on the motor/tranny alone youll be able to do a lot of stuff to the motor if you go with a GSR swap (ie: Clutch/flywheel, I/H/E, smaller bolt-ons)

I sure as hell wouldn't spend the money on I.H.E. if I planned on boosting my car in less than 5 months. You probably wouldn't be able to use any of that stuff after the turbo is installed.
He probably wont be able to go turbo in less than 5 months unless he's got a really good paying job or a rich daddy. I/H/E is always nice to have and if you decide to go turbo you can sell the I/H, or if you dont go turbo, you dont have to worry about getting that stuff. If youre 100% sure your going turbo then get a Strong clutch, fuel upgrades , and a good exhaust along with your swap.
Old 07-24-2002, 09:17 PM

Default Re: Last decision before my swap!! (slowasshatch)

lol, no rich pops here, but i do get a cash from my dead grand momz when i turn 18 which is in jan, (couple grand), then i get another 1-2 between xmas and my b day, plus the money i'll get from workin until then. So i should have at least 4 w/o work money that will most likely go to suspension and engine components to get make it nice and healthy for the turbo . Lol, 5 monthes tho is along time, i'd think anyone with an even crappy job workin regular hours would be able to make enough to get a nice turbo and anything else they need for it?? I dunno, thanx for all the opinions tho, i think i'm jus gonna get the gsr swap, and dependin on how much i have left over throw in some serious suspension and/or clutch/flywheel. I'm also thinkin about the quaife lsd instead of the regular deal, any thoughts on that? jus wonderin cuz if it's worth it, that might take the place of my clutch/flywheel, at least for another month or so after the swap. Thanx everyone!
Old 07-24-2002, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm also thinkin about the quaife lsd instead of the regular deal, any thoughts on that? jus wonderin cuz if it's worth it, that might take the place of my clutch/flywheel, at least for another month or so after the swap. Thanx everyone!
The Quaife is a good idea, but put the clutch/flywheel and qaife in at the same time to avoid downtime, double install charges, and or the pain in the as of pulling the tranny twice. BTW, what car is this going in?
Old 07-24-2002, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Last decision before my swap!! (slowasshatch)

have you considered the b18b or b20? both great for boost especially the b20. then you would have more $$$ for the turbo kit etc.