Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

knock sensor problem i've had since february....tryin to get it fixed once and for all...

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default knock sensor problem i've had since february....tryin to get it fixed once and for all...

whats up...i've tried to resolve this problem once or twice before...so hopefully the third time is a charm.

Swapped in a jdm sirII into my 94 ex this past february...the car was an auto and i had the manual conversion done at the same time...so we had to wire in the knock sensor into the old harness, everything worked fine except for the fact that i got a cell 23 after the car had been on for 10 to 15 minutes, or until i hit vtec. so after a month or two i took out the knock sensor just so i didn't have to look at the light anymore....BUT IT STILL COMES ON! at the same time it did before, now i don't see how its possible that it's still functioning if there is nothing plugged in. So,
in my past attempts to resolve the problem people had mentioned that the wiring was getting hot and needed to be sealed off better, which is possible, but then again, there is nothing plugged in??

So...any info would be appriciated.
Old 10-14-2003, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: knock sensor problem i've had since february....tryin to get it fixed once and for all... (Danie

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DanielLaruso &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whats up...i've tried to resolve this problem once or twice before...so hopefully the third time is a charm.
so after a month or two i took out the knock sensor just so i didn't have to look at the light anymore....BUT IT STILL COMES ON! at the same time it did before, now i don't see how its possible that it's still functioning if there is nothing plugged in.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Removing the sensor is the same as having a broken or unplugged sensor. The only way to get rid of the CEL is to remove the light (not a good idea) or fix the problem.
Now how to fix the problem: Start by reinstalling the knock sensor. Rewire it making sure to use shielded wire. This is something that some people overlook and it's necessary for the knock sensor to use shielded wire to block out electrical interference's from other sensors. If everything goes right, your ECU will be reset, the knock sensor will work and the CEL will not come on, until something else comes up that is.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: knock sensor problem i've had since february....tryin to get it fixed once and for all... (Danie

hey thanks villain...i think you tried to help me with this problem before, thanks for the info...also, i saw that you had a tokico blue for sale in your list...is it left or right rear.