Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

kinda long but please help me

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2001, 09:53 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kinda long but please help me

ok yesterday i was driving on the freeway and i decided to mess around w/ a t/a(just to see how fast they are on freeway)well i floored it and being that the cars is an auto it wonuld't let me go over 105 so i dropped it down too a lower drive so it can redline that last gear i got it to 120 then i was'nt payin attention and it started to bounce ov thr rev limter,as sonn i was heard it i let off then just let the car drop back down to 80 in nomal drive.everything was ok until he started teasein me again(the t/a) so i floored it again at bout 6000 rpm i heard a kinda clanking noise comming from the engine so i pulled over a little while later put gas poped the hood and listened i gave it a rev from inside the engine bay and heard that clanking like sound again. then i picked up my girl and on the way back i was doing 65-70 cause i knew something had went wrong or was wrong,we where almost there when all the sudden the car made a loud noise and it felt like i hit the brake but i did'nt so i gave it little gas to get up the hill and the more gas i gave it it seemed like it was hlding itself back(not going anywhere)
well the car is my bro in-laws 95 acura integra Ls auto it got 140,000 some odd miles on it the car has'nt been running for maybe 8 months but i when i started to drive it i changed the oil and kinda rebroke it in since it been sittin so long also everythin on the car is the same **** from the factory same timing belt everything but the raditor.

anyone know what i did?
i'm thinking i bent a valve!
TIA
_______

Old 12-26-2001, 10:11 AM

Default Re: kinda long but please help me (98 Ek LsVtec)

If the sounds goes with the engine revs, its either
1. Bent valves
2. Burnt and broken crank bearings.

If there are no clunking sound like you mentioned but no power could be either
1. Bent valves
2. timing belt skipped a tooth or 2 and the engine cams are now delayed.

Hopefully it just a timing belt thingy. Otherwise, be ready to spend some money.
Old 12-26-2001, 10:13 AM
Banned

Default Re: kinda long but please help me (johnd)

seens i did the ls/vtec to my civic i still got the ls head sittin in my room so i 'm still hoping that it's just the head
Old 12-26-2001, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: kinda long but please help me (98 Ek LsVtec)

Sounds like a spun rod or crank bearing. I had the same symptoms as you and it lasted ONLY 31 MILES!!!! Do not drive that car!!!! or you will get a first hand look at your con rod through the nice widow in your block. park that bitch and get into the shop.