Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kaizenspeed H2B oil pan pre-pay list

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 05:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kaizenspeed H2B oil pan pre-pay list

Since Reid would like to see a list of at least 10 people willing to prepay for one of his H2B oil pans. Here's is his message.

Originally Posted by Reid@KAIZENSPEED
Sorry guys! I am not on H-T very much lately. As for the oil pans. Here's the real deal:

We had a lot of interest at first but then it faded off. Now I see that I have a lot of PM's and emails as well. I do my best to reply to the emails but my front office manager, Shawn takes that job most of the time.

We are interested in making a cast version and I've discussed the process with the different manufacturing companies that would need to be involved to make that happen. It would be a very large up-front cost and I would need to dedicate a lot of time to making sure that the end product was a quality part. This is time that we don't have available right now. We have a busy race season ahead of us. If the cast version is going to become a reality it will not be until after this race season is over.

I am willing to do another batch of sheet metal pans though. I am thinking that we'll do 20 pans or so if I can get at least 10 pre-paid orders. Price would be $399 plus shipping and plus options such as an oil pickup, oil return bungs, etc. We have a lot of interest out of the country as well! I would like to come through for those of you who need them.

I'll try to keep updated on this thread but no promises. If you can arrange a list of people genuinely interested and willing to pre-pay then I can make it happen. I hope that helps!

So here I am all in to buy the pan. I hope those who have mentioned they'd buy the pan actually walk the walk.

1. jr_deleon (willing to pay right now)
2. FLATBUSH PROJECTS
3. civic loner22
4. Krut

Last edited by jr_deleon; 03-19-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Kaizenspeed H2B oil pan pre-pay list

Put me down .. I'm ready to pay
Old 03-19-2011, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you sir
Old 03-19-2011, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im down got cash in hand... my boy has one of the ks pan and its an incredible piece. you can tell lot of time and effort was put into it.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

way too expensive man... I think thats why you only got a couple of orders
Old 03-19-2011, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by raidacaipo
I think you should have looked at when this thread was made before you start making remarks. The list was just put up TODAY. I'd rather spend what it costs to do it right the first time than run dry in a turn and waste an investment of time and money.

Last edited by jr_deleon; 03-19-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

at first i tuaght the same thing but when i saw in person the craftmenship and quality is worth every penny. also those 3 order are just from today.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Put me on the list please. I was so bummed when I found out they stopped making them.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jr_deleon
I think you should have looked at when this thread was made before you start making remarks. The list was just put up TODAY. I'd rather spend what it costs to do it right the first time than run dry in a turn and waste an investment of time and money.
Why spend another $400 when my stock h22 oil pan already works? Unless you do circuit racing or some serious type of racing then go for it but many of us are just daily drivers. Besides the whole point of the h2b was to save more money than a k swap so why are the aftermarket parts for it so expensive now? All I'm saying is that the price is not reasonable so don't get butt hurt over it
Old 03-19-2011, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Besides this thread is a thread for HYBRID builds and information. Not a place to do business and place orders. If you want that then go to the Hondamarketplace thread.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Besides this thread is a thread for HYBRID builds and information. Not a place to do business and place orders. If you want that then go to the Hondamarketplace thread.
No ones doing business. This is not a for sale thread. This is for the people who want the pan so he has a list just as he had his gauging interest thread months back. Youre the only person with a negative remark about it. We want the pan and if you dont want it you dont need to post anything about it.

I want extra ground clearance, be able to read my dipstick properly and so forth. Who cares if you wanted to save money over a K swap and so forth, this isnt and wasnt about you. The money I saved doing this swap over a K swap im using some of it towards this pan. This is for those of us who wanted the pan but he stopped making them. So a list is being gathered to see how many of us would like it. Then Reid would make a thread in the MARKETPLACE so we can then purchase it. His message above was just letting us know. Nothing is official. No hard feelings
Old 03-19-2011, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jr_deleon
No ones doing business. This is not a for sale thread. This is for the people who want the pan so he has a list just as he had his gauging interest thread months back. Youre the only person with a negative remark about it. We want the pan and if you dont want it you dont need to post anything about it.

I want extra ground clearance, be able to read my dipstick properly and so forth. Who cares if you wanted to save money over a K swap and so forth, this isnt and wasnt about you. The money I saved doing this swap over a K swap im using some of it towards this pan. This is for those of us who wanted the pan but he stopped making them. So a list is being gathered to see how many of us would like it. Then Reid would make a thread in the MARKETPLACE so we can then purchase it. His message above was just letting us know. Nothing is official. No hard feelings
You want extra ground clearance so you can drop your car even lower? You know so it can look cool? Or wait you want extra ground clearance for your oil pan so when you hit a speed bump your lower header will break instead of your oil pan? (sarcasm). If people still want the pan then pay for it how can I stop them?

What I've been trying to say is that the price is unreasonable I can post here if I want to or not its my opinion and Im sure there are alot of h2b owners out there who would agree. If Reid wants this thing to sell then he needs to bring down the price. I bet if another company decides to replicate his pan and sell it for cheaper, then he would kick himself in the *** cuz they would be selling like hotcakes.. Many of these companies are taking advantage of the new h2b trends so they are jacking up the prices which I feel is wrong..

btw If your getting mad because of me voicing my opinion (which I hope not) then you have a problem because your not the one selling the pans he is.. I'm just making a suggestion. Have a good day!

Last edited by raidacaipo; 03-19-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude, calm down. If you do not like the thread, just click back.

I think this is a great product and more people should run this. Props to the OP to helping to make it happen.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Turbogixxer
Dude, calm down. If you do not like the thread, just click back.

I think this is a great product and more people should run this. Props to the OP to helping to make it happen.
Who said I didn't like the thread?
Old 03-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You didn't have to.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if the h22 pan can fit the f23 block mark me down for 1 and you have a pm
Old 03-19-2011, 11:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well considering the Moroso B series pan sells for around $400 and you have to buy a pickup on top of that. Reids price for low production quantities is actually rather well priced. He took his own time and developed this to help him, and other racers who were not satisfied with the stock pan.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:45 AM
H-T Administrator

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

This thread has been closed, due to Honda-Tech's stance on group buys. H-T will not allow group buys to run on this site, due to extremely poor results in the past.