Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

K20a2 or Turbo B16a2.... In Civic Si..... tech question's...

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 03:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K20a2 or Turbo B16a2.... In Civic Si..... tech question's...

Well... I'm an all motor guy at heart, and I would love to build an all motor B-series, but the cost and time needed to make the power I would like it certainly out of my grasp at this time in my life....

I drive a 99 Si EK and I think it would be great to have a K-series swap put in... After looking around I noticed that the mount kit is coming out soon... but i know there is a list of other things I need (which I don't know about yet) to complete the swap, I dunno if anyone could help me out... I know this swap is rare... but certainly gaining popularity.

N/A potential on this motor is greatly surpassing the B-series which is the reason I wanted to turbo my si for the obvious power gains it would leave me with..... But I do like reliability more than power....

What my real question is what would you do? I know the cost of both, and I know both are not easy to do... God cursed me with a brain that never stops second guessing so basically id rather have a motor that is close to stock... but makes decent power......

if anyone wants to share their thoughts... please do... or if mods want to lock this im sure someone already posted something of the same nature, which i was unable to find in my long journeys with the search button..... so if you want to help... please do, thank you.