Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

k series engine into del sol.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default k series engine into del sol.

im thinking of trading my rsx for a del sol, so i can drop in a k-series engine (k20a, k20a2, k20z1, k20z3, or k24a2) into it. i need to know what i need, besides a lot of money to get this done.
i know i'd have to go through hasport to get some custom motor mounts for the engine. and i'd probably need to go through hondata to reflash the ecu (im probably going to end up using k-pro) as an EMS.
so far all the donor engines im finding come with the motor, tranny, ecu, and wiring harnesses. is there anything else im possibly missing?
also while im at it, im thinking of changing the del sol from a 4 lug to a 5 lug. what would i need to accompish this, other than a set of donors?
how much do you think this entire set up would run me?
Old 04-02-2006, 10:07 PM

Default Re: k series engine into del sol. (AnDru)

axles
Old 04-02-2006, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just buy a del sol for cheap and use the parts of your RSX

...if not, I think using a k24 bottom and a k20 head off a Type-S or Type-R with the tsx 6-speed would be a sick motor....Ive heard thats the "new" LsVtec swap

You need custom parts for a k-series to be dropped in a del sol....I remember seeing someone selling their k20 del sol on honda-tech not too long ago (might find it if you runs a search) but he wasted about 8-10 grand on the swap!
Old 04-02-2006, 10:54 PM
footwork mastery

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (BlackDeLSoL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlackDeLSoL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> but he wasted about 8-10 grand on the swap!</TD></TR></TABLE>

i wouldn't say wasted...i would say wisely spent
Old 04-02-2006, 11:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

header(probably hasport). relocate the ac or powersteering, maybe alt.(one of those has to be relocated i think for clearance issues, but hasport sells it i think) did you search? good luck
Old 04-02-2006, 11:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

SUPER STREET magazine. april 2006. K24 into a 4 door civic with full race turbo kit. how to. i have other magazines as well,but cannot remember which one's the k swapa are in.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:35 PM

i would use my rsx, however its a base, and not the ideal engine i'd want to use on this swap. the base is a k20a3, and thats not really "true vtec" as many put it on clubrsx forums.

i was just wondering what most people ran into, trouble wise, because i kinda want to get this project off the ground.

i'll keep you guys posted when it happens.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (AnDru)

Why get a delsol, it a chick car and it just plain ugly. Get a Eg hatch or ek hatch, and lightest of the hatches a ef.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:21 PM

Default Re: (Eaglekper0046)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eaglekper0046 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why get a delsol, it a chick car and it just plain ugly. Get a Eg hatch or ek hatch, and lightest of the hatches a ef.</TD></TR></TABLE>

in big tough man voice .. "cause only real men drive hatch backs, the eg is so tough the way it looks like an egg. del sol is much more girly,"

thats something you and two of your friends think
Old 04-03-2006, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Kevinarich)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eaglekper0046 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why get a delsol, it a chick car and it just plain ugly. Get a Eg hatch or ek hatch, and lightest of the hatches a ef.</TD></TR></TABLE>
yea i dont mind seeing about 50 different versions of my car in a 30 minute drive...oh wait i dont cause it's a del sol, not a civic
Old 04-03-2006, 11:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a del sol...I wouldnt call it a "girly" car never have and never will, just drop it a little bit and put some nice rims and itll just look SICK...honestly go to a girl have her pick between a guy in a del sol or a guy in an eg, most likely 99% of the time the girl will pick the guy in the del sol and not some loser in a tiny egg shape car

....keep the del sol idea there TOO many hatches out there, be a lil creative and take a different and new approach to a buildup.

......what if the del sol is heavier by like few pounds? your swapping a freaking k-series in that little car (your gonna fly my friend), so u better get some GOOD brakes, tires, and suspension on that tiny thing too
Old 04-04-2006, 02:35 AM

"honestly go to a girl have her pick between a guy in a del sol or a guy in an eg, most likely 99% of the time the girl will pick the guy in the del sol and not some loser in a tiny egg shape car"

That is so very true!!!! I never thought of it until I sold my EK for my delsol, but I got alot more attention from girls with the delsol
Old 04-04-2006, 04:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (hyspeed808)

heres my set up...went a 'lil overboard

Set up:
jdm k20a
hytech adjustable length header
t1r ek midpipe
hytech twin loop axle back exhaust
RBC intake manifold w/Speedwerx adapter plate
hondata intake manifold gasket
custom CAI piping (MOTO-C)
PrototypeRacing velocity stack w/K&N filter
Toda Flywheel (8.1 lb - chromoly)
Exedy stg2 cerametallic clutch
Hasport axles (stg1)
Hasport mounts (ekk1)
hasport fan switch
Aeromotive FPR
custom fuel line set up (-6an aeroquip startlite lines, earls ano-tuff fittings, earls fuel filter, marshall shock proof FP gauge)
golden eagle fuel rail
walbro 195 fuel pump
C&R 1/2size radiator w/Karcepts mount
Spal 1200cfm 12" slim fan
K-pro
Karcepts shift kit
Suja-1 motoring custom clutch line
RSX-S clutch slave cylinder
ep3 ('02-'05 si) idler pulley
autozone 50.5" 7-rib belt
carbing oil catch can (mod'd)
Old 04-04-2006, 04:55 AM

Default Re: (PurpleEKHatch)

I heard that too, That sounds like a sweet as set up, it straight up frankensteined out the best of everything. But yeah dude your gonna need some beefed up axles with a k series.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:18 AM

Default Re: k series engine into del sol. (AnDru)

here is a pic of my buddy's k20 del sol
Old 04-04-2006, 05:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Ragecloak)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ragecloak &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
yea i dont mind seeing about 50 different versions of my car in a 30 minute drive...oh wait i dont cause it's a del sol, not a civic</TD></TR></TABLE>

del sol's aren't civics?

I could of sworn it was a CIVIC DEL SOL
Old 04-04-2006, 05:31 AM

k20a.org will give you all the info you need.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ({PBA}Threat)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by {PBA}Threat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">del sol's aren't civics?

I could of sworn it was a CIVIC DEL SOL </TD></TR></TABLE>
i know what it's ******* called...we're talking about the looks of them are we not? Ok stfu then
Old 04-04-2006, 06:12 AM
GarageAlchemist

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by {PBA}Threat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">del sol's aren't civics?

I could of sworn it was a CIVIC DEL SOL </TD></TR></TABLE>

man gets the golden star...
btw, you're a tool.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (GarageAlchemist)

I know ur goin to have to hack off the old tranny top mount and weld in the new Hasport mount. Also, some cutting and minor fabbing will be needed to fit the shifter inside the your cockpit
Old 04-04-2006, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Eaglekper0046)

Old 04-04-2006, 08:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GarageAlchemist)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GarageAlchemist &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

man gets the golden star...
btw, you're a tool. </TD></TR></TABLE>

golden star from an 06, I feel special

Old 04-04-2006, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BlackDeLSoL)

Make sure you take lots of pictures of it so you can post the Del Stolen Thread later.

Maybe it's that the k20 swaps stick out as being stolen more because of the huge loss of money and effort involved in doing oen of those.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlackDeLSoL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just buy a del sol for cheap and use the parts of your RSX

...if not, I think using a k24 bottom and a k20 head off a Type-S or Type-R with the tsx 6-speed would be a sick motor....Ive heard thats the "new" LsVtec swap

You need custom parts for a k-series to be dropped in a del sol....I remember seeing someone selling their k20 del sol on honda-tech not too long ago (might find it if you runs a search) but he wasted about 8-10 grand on the swap!</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-04-2006, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (scuzz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlackDeLSoL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I remember reading "could a k24 block/k20 head be the new LsVtec?" on the cover off one of those tuner magazines a few months ago at a newstand....im trying to search around for the article online but no luck yet....did anyone happen to read that article??

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by S0beP0wer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Too bad you can't use ANY k24 transmission as there are no mounts yet in production.
Hasport mentioned something coming out in the next year though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

the tsx tranny comment was just an idea running in my head .....next year? watta shame...
Old 04-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by {PBA}Threat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">golden star from an 06, I feel special </TD></TR></TABLE>

that made me chuckle.

Quick Reply: k series engine into del sol.