Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just spent 5000 to get a crvtec in my crx , this piece of crAP WONT EVEN STAY IN 5TH GEAAR!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just spent 5000 to get a crvtec in my crx , this piece of crAP WONT EVEN STAY IN 5TH GEAAR!!!

NOT TO mention bad idle with no warrenty im such an idiot, i guess im gonna switch to a basic b16 so i can at least DRIVE my car TPR in cincinnati sucks!!! it ran perfect the first week then all of a sudden its a piece of crap, if i were a rich guy it would be differnt but i make 8.00 an hour and saved for over 3 years to get a car that would acctually be fun to drive. If you were me what would you do ? Is this transmission shot? could it just be the shift linkage?(hasport) Here i am with an 8500 crx thast looks awlsome and is quick but im embarrased to ride people around!!! HELP me!
Old 11-18-2005, 04:35 PM

Same thing happend to my gsr. I forgot to add oil to the tranny. I rode around for a week perfect then it started popping out of 5th.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Why would you switch to B16 if is your tranny? I would find out exactly what is wrong with it before i flush 5 G'z
Old 11-18-2005, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (b1886crx)

Severly ground synchro on my LS swap prevented my 3rd gear from even let me use it (poped out if any throttle was given). Luckly it had the torque and lightness to go from 2nd to 4th. Yours could be a bad synchro, a poorly adjusted linkage, or a possibly bent shift fork. Either way, the tranny should be worked on/replaced.

If you had searched for BAD IDLE, you'd probbaly have found the usual culpurate - the FITV valve. It unscrews, and gives you a very high idle for a long time after the car is warm, and surging idle nearly always. A bad IACV is also a culpurate for erratic idle - check it. You should also check what ecu you have. At the least I'd recommend using a FPR to somewhat dial in your air-fuel ratio.

If you had been rich, the same thing could have happened...just you wouldn't have known anything other than it was taking longer for the mechanics to swap than normal. I will agree that the no warranty decision was a bad one.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: just spent 5000 to get a crvtec in my crx , this piece of crAP WONT EVEN STAY IN 5TH GEAAR!!! (M

you running a cable to hydro conversion?

dont freak out!

you could always get an LS tranny for cheap until you fix the one you have. as far as idle try some of these things:

http://www.ef-honda.com/ben/Badidle.php
Old 11-19-2005, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: just spent 5000 to get a crvtec in my crx , this piece of crAP WONT EVEN STAY IN 5TH GEAAR!!! (M

[B]How are you going to bad mouth us when this is the very 1st time we have heard about it????????????B]

you should of contacted us right away we recieve 100% positive feedback from everyone we have delt with, why didn't you contact us at all??

you never said a word! you made no effort to let us know anything is or was wrong?
you did not give us a chance to fix any problems you may have had.

Maybe we should start sending out follow up cards in the mail?

i mean how can we address a situation if we do not know there was one,

we are not mind readers?

Thanks,
Rob@TPR
(513) 942-7020 just in case you forgot the number.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:04 PM
DYNO-PRO

customers are very quick to post up problems just so they have something to talk about on the net , they should give the respect as wellas courtesy to call the shop that did the work so that something can be worked out. also at least when i purchase a conversion for a customer i get a START UP GUARANTEE ONLY. this means i guarantee that the car will be perfect when it leaves my shop but after that is a different story, i always get the excuse "i just pulled up to a light , and it shut off" then the car gets towed in and its a f**ckin rod through the side of the block.... you people out there must realize that it is not easy running a shop so be patient with shops and i am sure that you will get taken care of ..juat dont lie , we know you dont get an ITR swap with valvetrain ect to just "cruise around" you beat the **** out of these swaps just like I would!!! I KNOW THAT ALOT OF SHOP OWNERS OUT THERE HAVE WANTED TO SAY WHAT I HAVE
Chris Whitfield
Old 11-20-2005, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

100% very well said!

i just wish we would of know that you were not satisfied we strive to make our business 100%.

This could of been resolved with a SIMPLE phone call.

the part i do not understand is how is it that "TPR sucks" when the transmissiion is to blame or even a clutch issue.

This is not the shops fault??

so much to say but we belive we will have this resolved.

In the future any shop customers PLEASE contact the shop before resulting to the internet for answers.

Thanks,
Rob@TPR
Old 11-25-2005, 12:34 PM

I appologize completly, i should have contacted you immediatly regarding the problem , and further i appologize for saying tpr sucked beacuse tpr is probly the best shop in cincinnati. I was pissed more at myself for not understanding what exactly i was purchasing. I was under the impression i was getting a b20vtec rebilt with all the specs being checked, come to find out i purchased a used head bolted to a used b20 covered in oil . Unfortionalty i went on my honeymoon the day after picking up the car so i didnt get to drive it for two weeks! So when i finnally get the thing on the road and put 150 miles on it now it wont stay in 5th gear and im Broke . I know transmissions go out and thats not your fault
Old 11-26-2005, 11:41 AM

Just to be clear TPR in cincinnati was professional and courtious . Having dealt with most of the tuning shops within 100 miles of here i can tell you that they are the most knowledgeable , experienced shop around. My transmission problem had nothing to do with TPR at all. When i left the shop with the car the tranny was fine and it should also be stated that although i was warned by rob i should replace the clutch , i didnt.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:53 PM
DYNO-PRO

Old 11-29-2005, 05:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, I hope they are hooking you up with something because all the sudden you have changed your attitude and are kissing their ***... If they aren't giving you something then stop because a bad clutch isn't going to make you pop out of 5th...