Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got my H22 into CRX Hasport Mounts, just a few q's

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my H22 into CRX Hasport Mounts, just a few q's

I just recieved my Hasport EFH1 mounts for putting an H22 in a CRX. I must say that i am very impressed on the build quality and CNC work. TOP NOTCH HASPORT!!!!!

Now that I have these mounts infront of me I realise that I have a few questions I need to run by you guys before I start the swap. I have done a few b-series swaps but never an H-series... I am a virgin.

1. Do I need to machine the crank pulley? If so by how much? Im only using the alternator no PS or AC.

2. I am installing a 2001 motor/tranny, will the rear mount bracket from the 2001 motor work? Hasport calls for a 92-96 rear mount.

3. In the Hasport Instructions, it says that you need to clearence the frame rail. "Cut a notch as wide as the engine bracket under the frame rail bracket". I have no idea exactly where to make this cut to make clearence, there is no pic provided in the instructions. What are they reffering to? Your imput / pics please?????

4. The instructions say to use the d16 alternator with the setup and I dont have one, will the prelude version work? I do have the harness and clips.

5. Axels: Im using a h22a lude half shaft and have prelude 01 axles laying around, what factory axles work with the hasport kit? is it 90-93 teg on one side with lude inners and 89 teg on the other side with lude inners? cuz i have no clue.

6. Where exactly do i dent in for clearence for the H22a Intake Manifold? Is it just to the right of the map sensors? To what extent am i to bash it in? 1" or more????

FYI: Please dont tell me to search, i have spent countless night reading all the H22a material and there isnt very much regarding the crx swap. Also dont bother replying unless you are sure your information is 100% correct (ie: you have experience). Also I dont need lectures on why i shouldnt put an h22 in a crx, im going it dammit

thanks for your time Honda Heads.

-ben
Old 04-24-2006, 11:28 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: Just got my H22 into CRX Hasport Mounts, just a few q's (Freeltec)

You again?? GTFO
Old 04-24-2006, 11:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

also, does anyone know if the obd-2 (2001) h22a engine uses a resistor box for the injectors?
Old 04-25-2006, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ttt
Old 04-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

1. Do I need to machine the crank pulley? If so by how much? Im only using the alternator no PS or AC.

Just take off the outer (PS) pulley.

2. I am installing a 2001 motor/tranny, will the rear mount bracket from the 2001 motor work? Hasport calls for a 92-96 rear mount.

I've never checked but it looks like it will fit.

3. In the Hasport Instructions, it says that you need to clearence the frame rail. "Cut a notch as wide as the engine bracket under the frame rail bracket". I have no idea exactly where to make this cut to make clearence, there is no pic provided in the instructions. What are they reffering to? Your imput / pics please?????

The area directly below the framerail bracket will touch the transmission case. I believe I have some piuctures of the area in question, I'll try to post them tomorrow.

4. The instructions say to use the d16 alternator with the setup and I dont have one, will the prelude version work? I do have the harness and clips.

You can use the Prelude alternator, but it mounts up high and you will need to cut the headlamp bucket for clearance.

5. Axels: Im using a h22a lude half shaft and have prelude 01 axles laying around, what factory axles work with the hasport kit? is it 90-93 teg on one side with lude inners and 89 teg on the other side with lude inners? cuz i have no clue.

When I make the axles, I do a measurement and then get the parts needed to make the axle the length I need. I have no idea what stock axle that corresponds to. Maybe someone else canhelp here.

6. Where exactly do i dent in for clearence for the H22a Intake Manifold? Is it just to the right of the map sensors? To what extent am i to bash it in? 1" or more????

It's below and to the right of the MAP sensors. I should have pictures of that too. If I do I will have them posted.

brian g
Old 04-25-2006, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Freeltec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Freeltec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">also, does anyone know if the obd-2 (2001) h22a engine uses a resistor box for the injectors?</TD></TR></TABLE>
no it doesnt.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Just got my H22 into CRX Hasport Mounts, just a few q's (brian g)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by brian g &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Just take off the outer (PS) pulley.

I've never checked but it looks like it will fit.

The area directly below the framerail bracket will touch the transmission case. I believe I have some piuctures of the area in question, I'll try to post them tomorrow.

You can use the Prelude alternator, but it mounts up high and you will need to cut the headlamp bucket for clearance.

When I make the axles, I do a measurement and then get the parts needed to make the axle the length I need. I have no idea what stock axle that corresponds to. Maybe someone else canhelp here.

It's below and to the right of the MAP sensors. I should have pictures of that too. If I do I will have them posted.

brian g</TD></TR></TABLE>

Brian G, thanks very much for your knolegable reply. If you could supply pics for questions #'s 3 & 6 it would bring much clarity to what i need to clerence and to what extent. Thanks again.

Old 04-25-2006, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Can Anyone Answer the axel question?

"5. Axels: Im using a h22a lude half shaft and have prelude 01 axles laying around, what factory axles work with the hasport kit? is it 90-93 teg on one side with lude inners and 89 teg on the other side with lude inners? cuz i have no clue."
Old 04-26-2006, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

tttt
Old 04-26-2006, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

here is this thread by 2point2, it may help you make custom axles,
its a different way of doing it, but very effective:

CUSTOM AXLES by 2point2
Old 04-26-2006, 09:29 AM
Banned.

Default Re: (hondaZvic)

Shoulda bought my kit and I have all the answers and woulda saved some dough for some mods

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda! lol jp...

I would go this route on the driver side get a 90-93 Accord F series midshaft it accepts all Integra axles because it is a female end and splines are the same I believe 27 the Prelude has a male so no workky! plus splines are difference I believe 28. If the 90-93 Integra axle is too long and there isn't close to 1/4" of clearance or some bind and no play. Then the 88-89 Acura Integra axle will be the next choice it's about 1/2" shorter then the 90-93 Integra axles. The passenger side axle will need to be 88-89 Acura Integra with an Accord inner joint most likely...This is what my H22A EF kits run and doesn't mean Hasports is the same but its a start...

Modified by ExplicitSpeed360 at 10:40 AM 4/26/2006

Modified by ExplicitSpeed360 at 10:54 AM 4/26/2006
Old 04-26-2006, 09:51 AM

Default Re: (ExplicitSpeed360)

[QUOTE=ExplicitSpeed360]Shoulda bought my kit and be trouble free and I have all the answers and woulda saved some dough for some mods

i dont think so.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ExplicitSpeed360)

ExplicitSpeed, thanks for the comments, but please refrain from promoting your product in a post asking for technical assistance on a Hasport product.

The reason we recommend the Prelude intermediate shaft is twofold. #1, it normally comes with the Prelude motor, and #2, it is considerably stronger than its Accord counterpart.

Not only does the Hasport kit function as nice as it looks, we'll still be around next year to support our product, unlike many of the other fly by night companies that seem to pop up on Honda-Tech.

Old 04-26-2006, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Freeltec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Brian G, thanks very much for your knolegable reply. If you could supply pics for questions #'s 3 & 6 it would bring much clarity to what i need to clerence and to what extent. Thanks again.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wasn't able to get to the pictures today, but should have them posted late tomorrow or the next day.

brian g
Old 04-26-2006, 07:44 PM

Default Re: (locash)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by locash &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Not only does the Hasport kit function as nice as it looks, we'll still be around next year to support our product, unlike many of the other fly by night companies that seem to pop up on Honda-Tech.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

---Ouch--

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Freeltec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">FYI: Please dont tell me to search, i have spent countless night reading all the H22a material and there isnt very much regarding the crx swap. Also dont bother replying unless you are sure your information is 100% correct (ie: you have experience). Also I dont need lectures on why i shouldnt put an h22 in a crx, im going it dammit

thanks for your time Honda Heads.

-ben </TD></TR></TABLE>

Nicely put. So many are ready to reply with a "search".

As for the altenator -making room by cutting the headlamp bucket can normally take away from the quality look of the swap -when we welding in a H22 kit (before HASport introduced their great kit) we had cut the headlamp bucket -wouldn't do it again if there was an option to do it without the clearence issue. Just my thought.

Good luck with your swap
Old 04-26-2006, 11:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

some nice mounts!
Old 04-27-2006, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I got the passenger side mount bracket welded on last night. i will post pics of whats going on when my heads on straight... i have been in the shop from 11pm until 6am. My brain is fading.

Yeah, i have decided to use the Si alternator... might aswell keep her clean.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

subscribed.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Dumb Question.... can someone explain how the alternator is mounted? do i use the stock prelude alternator mount? Also what are the triangle piece and rectangle for?
Old 04-28-2006, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump for info
Old 04-28-2006, 08:45 PM
Ditto

Default Re: (2point2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2point2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">subscribed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why? I thought you said H22's suck?
Old 04-28-2006, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (RotiEatter)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RotiEatter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why? I thought you said H22's suck?</TD></TR></TABLE>

they suck more CFM
Old 04-29-2006, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Just got my H22 into CRX Hasport Mounts, just a few q's (brian g)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by brian g &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I wasn't able to get to the pictures today, but should have them posted late tomorrow or the next day.

brian g</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-29-2006, 08:09 PM

I have a d series alternator for sale Only about a year old.

Mounts look nice. I like my B series mounts. Fresh new CNC always looks good
Old 05-01-2006, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump for pics

Quick Reply: Just got my H22 into CRX Hasport Mounts, just a few q's