Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JDM p30 ecu FACTS---MYTHS, HELP Me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM p30 ecu FACTS---MYTHS, HELP Me!!!

Ok i bought my SIR2 B16 swap a while ago and i received everything including the ecu. Yet we thought the ecu was slow so we wnated to know if it was and AT ecu. So we went on JDMFAN.com and it says if there is a broze chip eprom thing under another curcit board that its an AT ecu. and there was one of those chips in my first ecu. which vtec crossed over at 5700 and redlined at 8200. So thinking it was an AT we sent it back and finally after a month received a new one which we were told was a 5-spd yet now my car pulss like a stock EX with vtec cross over somewhere around 4900 it seems and redline at like 7900. Yet this computer has no broze eprome chip thing in it.

Can anyone give me real answers on the JDM p30 the small ecu???
How to tell if it is AT or what, casue i think the first ecu i had was a 5-spd cause this one throws a automatic transaxle code (19) and my other ecu p30 didn't throw any code.

But none of the information i have goes together I need some help!

Thanks for any help
Old 04-24-2003, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: JDM p30 ecu FACTS---MYTHS, HELP Me!!! (95cx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95cx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok i bought my SIR2 B16 swap a while ago and i received everything including the ecu. Yet we thought the ecu was slow so we wnated to know if it was and AT ecu. So we went on JDMFAN.com and it says if there is a broze chip eprom thing under another curcit board that its an AT ecu. and there was one of those chips in my first ecu. which vtec crossed over at 5700 and redlined at 8200. So thinking it was an AT we sent it back and finally after a month received a new one which we were told was a 5-spd yet now my car pulss like a stock EX with vtec cross over somewhere around 4900 it seems and redline at like 7900. Yet this computer has no broze eprome chip thing in it.

-- That brown eprom chip w/bronze sticker covering the little window you speak of (seen here

...is not found on every single AUTO OBD1 ecu. It varies. Some have them, some don't. Most of the time on JDM small type ecu's (long type is shown in pic above), if that chip is on there, it is an AUTO ecu. The real way to check is by plugging the ecu into your car and seeing if you get a check engine light for code 19. That codes if for LOCK SOLENOID which is only found on AUTO transmissions. Also, if your vtec is kicking on before 5500rpm, and redlining before 8200rpm then its more than likley an AT ecu. You can easily have it reprogrammed to 5speed spec though. Hit me up if you need that service, or see the link in my sig

Can anyone give me real answers on the JDM p30 the small ecu???
How to tell if it is AT or what, casue i think the first ecu i had was a 5-spd cause this one throws a automatic transaxle code (19) and my other ecu p30 didn't throw any code.

-- doh, I shoulda read more before replying. But like I said, you can have your AT P30 ecu reprogrammed to MT spec, it is possible.

But none of the information i have goes together I need some help!

Thanks for any help
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-24-2003, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM p30 ecu FACTS---MYTHS, HELP Me!!! (Katman)

Katman you are a true PIMP

I know for sure the ecu i have right now is AT casue of the code (19). DAMNIT after a month of waiting for it, to come.

Hey check your PM or IM whatever they calls these things.
Old 04-25-2003, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM p30 ecu FACTS---MYTHS, HELP Me!!! (95cx)

anyone else know anymore facts.