Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JDM h22a tech questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2002, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM h22a tech questions

1. Is the limited slip in the JDM h22a a clutch pack type, or gear?
2. Does the LSD use regular 5W-30 oil, or do I need special limited slip tranny fluid? (manual BTW)
3. What is the deal with the vacuum controled heater core valve? Does anyone know how this works, and can I retro fit on my 92 Si some how (which is cable controlled)?
4. In Japan, do they generally follow the same mileage guidlines for replacement of timing belt and water pump? I ask b/c I know this to be done every 90K here usually, and my engine had a new timing belt and water pump, so I'm wondering if the promised 40K miles that the engine was supposed to have on it rings true.
5. When installing the new timing belt and reseting the auto tensioner, the timing belt seems to have a lot of play. Anyone know if there shold be some resonance of this belt, or how tensioned it's supposed to be, it has about +-1/2 inch from neutral as it is, and with the cover off, it seems to vibrate a little more than I'm comfortable with. I replace the autotensioner when I did all of the belts. Also, what is the 10 mm head bolt that sticks out of the cover with the clip in it, by adjusting this what actually happens. It seems to have no purpose/effect that I can notice.

Thanks for the help all

Cordell