Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

jdm b18cR longblock Q's: What if I was gonna do a swap into a crx? No intake manifold...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2001, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default jdm b18cR longblock Q's: What if I was gonna do a swap into a crx? No intake manifold...

Just suppose I bought a jdm b18cR and wanted to drop it in a crx:

It came with everything from the oil pan to the valve cover, but no intake manifold or sensors...

What would make the most sense to put it in a crx? itb's, skunk2, itr IM, etc? I'm worried about too much air for the stock ecu to handle initially... pw0 or pr3 chipped with a skunk 2 proggy...

This motor will eventually get some cams, but the goal right now is to get it in the car. We already have an s1 tranny, axles, hasport motor mounts... Need to get distributor and what sensors? MAP and TPS... Anything else? I've got an old usdm itr header I can use...

Ok, rambling again...

Bottom line:

What intake manifold would make the most sense and why? This motor will be ok stock for a while... In a gutted crx, it should be a lot of fun...

and thanks guys!
Old 11-21-2001, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: jdm b18cR longblock Q's: What if I was gonna do a swap into a crx? No intake manifold... (Black

Get the Skunk 2 mani. It is the easiest and all the sensors fit on there.