Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ITR SWAP applied at a 94 Del SLO Si SOHC VTEC, --few final questions..

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITR SWAP applied at a 94 Del SLO Si SOHC VTEC, --few final questions..

Like the topic says. just a few more questions so i have everything when we do this swap and im not forgetting something to where im postin on here like mad trying to find parts or more info
---all is USDM ITR junk
he has ITR engine with all accessories, i think he has mounts,, dont know for sure
ITR tranny
ITR wiring harness
has a DC header on it,

now for the Q's
---which mounts?? use all del SLO B16s or ITR?
---use any B series shift linkage?
---WHIch wiring harness? i heard stock ITR will plug into Del slos firewall plugs?
---i can rechip his stock ECU? is that a p28 in there? i have a p28 if that has to be used for wahtever reason
---any B-series axles??
----what additional wiring is needed??? knock? what else?and how?
---with the Dc header 4-2-1 i think,, will a aftermarket cat back still work or will it need to be cut and welded?
----lastly, my chump wants to know if a AEM CAI ITR intake will fit fine in his engine bay??
i know i posted something like this a while ago,, but i need this info so i can do the swap and make this **** work nice and cleanly like. thanks to all that help me out it will be greatly appreciated. and maybe my freinds del SLO wont be refered to as a Del SLO after this swap..and to all that have the parts i need, contact me, we have cash! thanks again
-james
Old 01-10-2003, 11:47 AM
New User

Default Re: ITR SWAP applied at a 94 Del SLO Si SOHC VTEC, --few final questions.. (JDM CRX)

---use any B series shift linkage?
The shift linkage must absolutely be the del Sol VTEC shift linkage. You will need both bars. The shifter one and the stabilizer one.

---i can rechip his stock ECU? is that a p28 in there? i have a p28 if that has to be used for wahtever reason
If he has the del Sol Si, he does have the P28 ecu.

---any B-series axles??
Since he is using the 94+ intermediate shaft he will want to use the 94+ B series axles.

----lastly, my chump wants to know if a AEM CAI ITR intake will fit fine in his engine bay??
The ITR AEM CAI will work in a hatchback, so it should fit the del Sol exactly the same. I seem to remember it needing to be cut to fit a little better and that was where we put in a bypass valve from AEM.

Old 01-10-2003, 03:24 PM

Default Re: ITR SWAP applied at a 94 Del SLO Si SOHC VTEC, --few final questions.. (badCRX)

thanks for that info, greatly appreciated. now for the others,
---what additional wiring is needed??
---what wiring harness is used???
---What mounts does he need to use?
---if he gets a aftermarket catback,, will it need to be cut and welded?
thanks again!

[Modified by JDM CRX, 12:25 AM 1/11/2003]