Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ITR in Ek, do I have everything I need?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITR in Ek, do I have everything I need?

Ok, I did my research and this is what I came up with. Here is a list of the parts that I have for this swap.

99 si rear bracket
99 si driver's side mount bracket
b16 del sol ac bracket
spoon engine mounts and shifter bushings
Exedy organic clutch
Fluidyne rad
Walbro 190 fuel pump
ITR intake tube and box
Ex wire harness out of 97.

This is for a 96-97 jdm itr engine. I think I got everything I need to get the engine into the car, but I might have missed something. The engine will be here next week and I'd like to do it next weekend. Anything else?

Also, will the itr distributor plug into my ex wire harness? That is really my only concern with the wiring. Thanks!

I know it is also recommended to change the timing belt and such, which I probably will.

-Brian
Old 07-03-2004, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR in Ek, do I have everything I need? (97mini-me)

bump
Old 07-03-2004, 05:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure you have B-series rad hoses. Also on of the heater hoses that hooks up onto the firewall isnèt compatible. You'll need an Integra heater hose. (The one that's on the driver side) I cut my old Civic heater hose and it worked.

Ummm.....besides that, everything seems fine. The plug at the distributor will plug up no problem.

Good luck! Nice engine BTW
Old 07-03-2004, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR in Ek, do I have everything I need? (EKsleeper)

Thanks alot for the reply. It takes a lot off of my mind knowing the distributor will plug up. I did forget about the radiator hoses, so thanks for reminding me! Can anyone else think of anything else?

-Brian
Old 07-03-2004, 08:10 PM

Looks like your set on the swap...I would recommend inspecting the timing belt and wate pump for any wear, although this motor should be low mileage...

Other than that, the mounts are set, and the wiring harness should be plug and play with the extension of a plug here and there...
Old 07-05-2004, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR in Ek, do I have everything I need? (WOOHOO)

Cool, thanks alot guys.

How long does it take to do a changover like this one? Can it be done in two days?
Old 07-09-2004, 10:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here's something that I ran into this week for my '99 JDM B18C-R swap into my '99 EJ6 that I don't believe anyone has mentioned on here before. I'm not sure if this applies to the 96-98 CX/DX, but if it's like the 99-00 CX/DX you'll need the ITR/Si fuel line from the filter to the rail(wrong fitting) and the fuel return hose from the regulator to the hard line travelling under the car(too short). Be sure and get new crush washers for each end of the fuel line too.

Also, if you have a similar model as mine, you may want to swap out the OEM throttle cable for the shorter ITR/Si cable. It's not a must, but it'll save you from having to route a cable all around your engine bay.

Otherwise, you pretty much have everything that I bought to make my swap a go. Best of luck with your swap.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97mini-me &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok, I did my research and this is what I came up with. Here is a list of the parts that I have for this swap.

99 si rear bracket
99 si driver's side mount bracket
b16 del sol ac bracket
spoon engine mounts and shifter bushings
Exedy organic clutch
Fluidyne rad
Walbro 190 fuel pump
ITR intake tube and box
Ex wire harness out of 97.

This is for a 96-97 jdm itr engine. I think I got everything I need to get the engine into the car, but I might have missed something. The engine will be here next week and I'd like to do it next weekend. Anything else?

Also, will the itr distributor plug into my ex wire harness? That is really my only concern with the wiring. Thanks!

I know it is also recommended to change the timing belt and such, which I probably will.

-Brian</TD></TR></TABLE>