Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ITR in Del Sol, Hondata/Connectivity Issue's, Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Default ITR in Del Sol, Hondata/Connectivity Issue's, Please Help

Ok, i dropped my car off for my tuner thursday and we have some problems

a) the hondata s200 unit keeps flashing when connected meaning there is 0 connectivity between it and the labtop

b) a check engine like, "vtec pressure switch" popped on as soon as it went up on the dyno, how-ever thats an easy fix "just bad ground on the vtec pressure switch wire coming off the wiring harness sense the jdm motors have no switch but the ecu likes looking for it thus throwing a code, grounding it makes it all good"

hes tried usuing a diff ecu and diff hondata unit but there is still no connectivity, so im looking at a few possibly problems

a) the wiring harness from the motor could be bunk after my little eletrical fire i had 3 weeks ago, my distributer block arched to the chasis frying the battery wires in my trunk and the power wire leading up to the lightening audio power connection that then goes to the motor "how-ever the car has driven fine sense then afer re-doing the wiring and adding a circuit breaker next to the battery, id imagine if the harness was bunk then id have other noticible issues besides just not being able to get connectivty while connecting hondata to a labtop for tuning, correct me if im wrong"

b) the wiring harness right by the ecu has a ton of vampire clips on it because the previous owner was a tard and also had alot of electronic devices taped to the wiring such as vafc and so fourth sense the previous motor was built/boosted d banger. I was thinking maybe the vampire clips were creating restiance thus not giving connectivity, how-ever my car was tuned on hondata by a diff tuner about a year ago and had no issues at the time and its ran the exact same from then to now, my car still runs the same it just wont connect to the labtop'. An easy fix for the wiring clips might jsut be remove them and electrical tape to see if it effected anything and if so then afterwards re-wiring it all usuing solder/heat shrink

i am by no means good with wiring so please dump on any info that could help me out, or consult on my theory's of what the problem could be and give me some info', im just trying to get it connected so we can proceed with tuning, the car has ran fine for the past year on its old tune but now that we got it on the dyno we cant get the computer to get the signal from hondata

also, is there any way to test the wiring harness to see if it has any issues at all? Id prefer not to pay to have them make a new harness and then find out it was something else afterward's, i saw no visible damage to any wires off the harness in the car after that electrical problem, that problem seemed to stop right at the lightening audio power cap that accepts the power wire from the battery in my trunk to the motor itself, and i was thinking if that was the problem then it would have other symptoms and shown before today

and yea sxcrow for reference, go ahead....giggle a little lol

old s200 unit
chipped p28 ecu
00 itr swap in 93 del sol si

thank-you for any input or tech information, trying to get this matter re-solved without just unecessarily replacing everything', hoping to get this matter resolved asap and get new dyno numbers by the end of the weekend'

thanks once again guy's, also, please do not post unless you have actual information that could help, aka: dont ***** my thread with useless information or statements....thank-you
Old 06-23-2006, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: ITR in Del Sol, Hondata/Connectivity Issue's, Please Help (digital sol)

any ideas other then re-doing the wiring harness 1 wire at a time?

the ecu and hondata work fine in other hondas, but in mine it wont connect to the labtop'