Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issues with Rywire Harness in EM1 *please help*

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues with Rywire Harness in EM1 *please help*

I got a really good deal on this car due to the issues with the wiring, so I am hoping I can get some help from you guys. A little background on the car.............the car was built and cranked before on a Chasebays harness, but there was an issue in the harness for the Map sensor. The harness was taken off and replaced with a Rywire mil-spec harness for an EK with an OBD-1 ecu plus Rywire EK subharness.

The car is a 1999 Civic Si with a turbo-charged d16z6 making 550whp. Car has a p28 with a hondata s300.

I have a concern as you can see the Chasebays sub-harness for an EM1 is much different than the Rywire harness for an EM1:

Rywire on the left and Chasebays on the right:

With the chasebays harness on, the car cranked, windows rolled up, everything worked fien except for the map sensor. Now, with the Rywire harness, when the car is on, the windshield wipers come on and will not go off (the wiper switch on the sterring wheel is off), and the windows will not roll up. All I am lacking is this freaking harness to get the car running so I can get to the dyno and then the track. Below are some pics of the wiring....and if I can take any other pics to help you guys, that would be no issue.

Thanks,

Ryan
Old 08-23-2011, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Issues with Rywire Harness in EM1 *please help*

good luck bro..
Old 08-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Issues with Rywire Harness in EM1 *please help*

What map sensor do you have? Perhaps try another map sensor..