Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interest in H2B chromoly flywheel for normal style clutch?

Old 08-21-2012, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Interest in H2B chromoly flywheel for normal style clutch?

Currently the only options that exist are the QSD spacer (which I have heard of a couple issues with but people aren't being very specific about what's actually going on, but Seth said there's no issue directly related to the spacer) with a normal B flywheel. Theres the Evolution aluminum wheel with steel starter ring and friction surface, which I'm a bit leary about having all those screw divots and maybe shredding my clutch, and a starter ring that could possibly come loose. And the Evolution Tilton twin disk flywheel made of chromoly, but...only can be used for twin disk clutches.

I'm trying to put together a daily driver, and want something maybe around 13lbs so it doesn't stall too easy and yet can rev up nicely. A single, solid piece would be nice so I know it won't separate or anything. And made of chromoly or maybe something else if it can be all one material.

The way I figure, it shouldn't be much more than splicing some code for machining the normal B series lightweight flywheels, and the H2B flywheel with the extra 1/2" offset.

If interested, post something here, maybe there could at least be a group buy arranged.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Interest in H2B chromoly flywheel for normal style clutch?

Call clutchmasters I believe they have a flywheel that eliminates the spacer
Old 08-22-2012, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Interest in H2B chromoly flywheel for normal style clutch?

clutchmasters has a chromoly wheel for the tilton, and I believe an aluminum wheel of their own with the steel starter ring and friction surface. I'll resort to this if I have to, but I would really rather have just a normal steel or chromoly wheel.
I don't know if the screw holes would affect how the clutch disk would wear, things would expand and contract different, and just a single piece would be simpler, less to go wrong. If they make both normal B series chromoly wheels, and the h2b chromoly wheel for the tilton only, and the tilton wheels are made to order. I just don't understand why they couldn't just copy and paste some code for the machine that makes the wheels, to make a chromoly wheel with a full face for a normal clutch?