Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Integra SE to JDM ITR motor swap....

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 07:32 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integra SE to JDM ITR motor swap....Really need some more info....

Okay,
I am a bit of a newb to my Teg and info about swaps etc and I need some help. I would like to swap a JDM ITR engine into my 2000 SE Integra. I have absolutley no idea how much work this will require or how much money. I know I will need a VTEC controller and I was looking at the A'Pexi one. What do you guys think of this? Also where would I find a reputable importer in the Buffalo, Pensilvanyia (sp?), Ontario region that could get me this motor? Will the motor drop right in or do I need to change any suspension components? Any help you guys can give me would be much appreciated. Thanks,

Ben

Modified by Team Underground Teg at 1:35 PM 12/12/2004
Old 12-11-2004, 07:55 AM

Default Re: Integra SE to JDM ITR motor swap.... (Team Underground Teg)

Welcome to the site, this swap will teach all kinds of stuff about your ride. To make things simple with VTEC, get a conversion harness. I got mine from hasport but there are a lot companies that make them. These come in two parts it is easier to put the motor side on when the motor is out of the car. For that motor you should also get some good mounts, solid vibrates like a mother but it keeps the motor from moving around, thinking about trying the spoon mounts. It was also a good time to clean the engine bay and spray whatever black. Misc stuff you may need it the slave cylinder for your motor, it is the thing that bolts to the front side of the tranny to make it go in gear; depending on if you will use power steering, you will need a bracket from a gsr,b16 or b18C(5). Use some good fluids, Mobil 1 and GM Syncromesh are my choices, you can go with what works for you, it is easy to fill these while the motor is out.
As for money depending on you, you can spend now or later. My ONE_THEORY is do it right the first time, that is my 2. Good luck on the swap!
Old 12-12-2004, 09:43 AM
Trial User

Up
Old 12-12-2004, 12:35 PM
Trial User

Need help guys
Old 12-12-2004, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (Team Underground Teg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Team Underground Teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Need help guys</TD></TR></TABLE>

Everything that you do to make the swap work will all be custom. You are going to have issues with mounting it, axles, wiring, etc. The reason you aren't getting the responses you are looking for is because this forum manily deals with Honda/Acura engines in other Honda's and Acura's. Going cross-platform from a Acura to a Nissan is going to take a lot of work, more than I think it will be worth but to each his own. All I can say is search the net because if it's been done chances are you will come across info about it. Good Luck