Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Install shop in Houston, Texas or Austin Texas area

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Install shop in Houston, Texas or Austin Texas area

I was going to get a GSR swap for my 92 civic cx during the summer, and wanted to start finding shops to do it, so I was wondering if any of you guys knew a good place that youve either delt with, or heard good things about either in the houston area(thats where I live) or in the Austin area(my brother has an apartment up there, so I could stay with him for a few days while its being installed). I dont think Im tech savvy enough to do this myself, so I wanted to go ahead and get info about different shops that do this kind of work. Im sorry if this isnt the right place to post it, I just figured making my car a hybrid car would fit in this hybrid forum.. Thanks guys.
Old 01-20-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Install shop in Houston, Texas or Austin Texas area (numbnuts22715)

Carboy's is good, but a bit expensive (i think 800 for labor)
Old 01-20-2005, 03:45 PM

hmm, Id rather not pay that much, I was thinking closer to the 5-6 hundred dollar range, I was gonna try to install it myself, but I dunno, anybody in this area that could help out for some cash?
Old 01-22-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Re: (numbnuts22715)

autologic in houston is really good. also you can search on houston-imports.com
Old 01-22-2005, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do it yourself. Just do your HW. Theres tons of writeups + you got H-T

Hybrid swap - B18C1 into an EG
http://www.c-speedracing.com/h...p.php

All it takes is you and a buddy.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:21 PM

I wanted to do it myself at first, with the help of my dad and my mom who both grew up around cars, but my my parents keep trying ti disuade me from that. So I ordered that Honda Swap book thats on Amazon.com and now theyre saying maybe I can do it myself, but Im unsure right now. Thanks for the input guys.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

autologic does not do engine swaps. they only do custom turbo apps and installs. you should try PYR Racing, Inline Racing, Pro Drag, or Speed Fetish. pm me if you need a number.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Re: (vietjdmboi)

me in austin. you have the materials, me and my friends have the tools and the time
Old 01-31-2005, 02:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

call jason parker up, he will give you a VERY good price on motor swap. he goes by jasonp on this board. 281-290-8468. tell him johnny sent you.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:55 AM

IM up in Austin...I can do the swap for you...I did my own, OBDI GSR into a 1992 DX...The wiring is going to be a little bit different from mine from what I read about doing a swap in a CX but a little research on HT will benefit that...Ill do it for free too...All you got to do is come with all the parts and it will be done in one weekend for sure...
Old 01-31-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Re: (jaybee)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jaybee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">IM up in Austin...I can do the swap for you...I did my own, OBDI GSR into a 1992 DX...The wiring is going to be a little bit different from mine from what I read about doing a swap in a CX but a little research on HT will benefit that...Ill do it for free too...All you got to do is come with all the parts and it will be done in one weekend for sure...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Alright, thanks alot. Are you anywhere close to UT? my brothers apartment is really close to the school since he goes there, and hes the person I would be staying with for the few days or whatever. Ill keep this all in mind, and if I decide to not do it myself, then Ill send you a PM or something.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Re: (numbnuts22715)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by numbnuts22715 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Alright, thanks alot. Are you anywhere close to UT? my brothers apartment is really close to the school since he goes there, and hes the person I would be staying with for the few days or whatever. Ill keep this all in mind, and if I decide to not do it myself, then Ill send you a PM or something.</TD></TR></TABLE>

My mothers house is where I would be able to do the swap...Ill have everything you need to get that sucker in...All the basic tools and an engine hoist...SHe lives out in Del Valle, so it wont be any threat to some jackers...Del Valle is country...But just hit me up on here if you need some help...
Old 01-31-2005, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im pretty sure my friends can do the swap for you....they have done swaps in a couple of cars. they just did a gsr swap in 93 civic hb

they represent EDO performance...
edo are the guys that have the white SKYLINE.

they could do the swap for cheap..real cheap

also since your from texas hit up... http://www.texasracingscene.com ..its a forum just like ht.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:08 PM

hey a friend and i are friends with the owner of a shop, you can bring your civic in with us this weekend, we are down here in austin texas.... we are installing a b16a into a crx
Old 01-31-2005, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Install shop in Houston, Texas or Austin Texas area (bigdogc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bigdogc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey a friend and i are friends with the owner of a shop, you can bring your civic in with us this weekend, we are down here in austin texas.... we are installing a b16a into a crx</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont have my engine swap, itll be this summer, and I cant just go down there for this weekend because I have to work and I have to tell my boss a week in advance that I need to take off if I do, thanks though. It would be really nice to just watch.

This makes me also think about this.. if there is anyone near houston thats doing an engine swap, if its alright with you, Id like to come by and watch, maybe help a little bit, I havent done much on cars, just a little a/c, suspension, and a few other things, all OEM. But id really like the learning experience, so just PM me or IM me on AIM.... Thanks.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:08 PM

Dude,
Get the factory service manual for your EG and another one for the GSR. The FSM has step by step how to remove the engine. Hayes has for Integra. So you can use that to guide you to install. Make sure you do a lot of research and have the right tools.

Old 02-15-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Install shop in Houston, Texas or Austin Texas area (Lordkoo)

Call: Inline Racing (713) 671-0105

They built and installed my LS/Vtec Automatic and it runs perfect. They do great work
Old 02-15-2005, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Install shop in Houston, Texas or Austin Texas area (jayp)

http://www.effinmotorworks.com/

Has anyone used them?
Old 02-16-2005, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Install shop in Houston, Texas or Austin Texas area (B16aDasher)

i'd do it for like $300, but i live in dallas.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I can do the swap for you. The swap could be done in the same day. You can watch or get your hands dirty if you want too.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by numbnuts22715 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I dont have my engine swap, itll be this summer, and I cant just go down there for this weekend because I have to work and I have to tell my boss a week in advance that I need to take off if I do, thanks though. It would be really nice to just watch.

This makes me also think about this.. if there is anyone near houston thats doing an engine swap, if its alright with you, Id like to come by and watch, maybe help a little bit, I havent done much on cars, just a little a/c, suspension, and a few other things, all OEM. But id really like the learning experience, so just PM me or IM me on AIM.... Thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>