Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

injector question, confused (re: obd0/1/2 connectors), thanks.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default injector question, confused (re: obd0/1/2 connectors), thanks.

Hi, I'm trying to figure out if my friend got some wrong injectors. The car is a 92 civic w/ a obd1 b18b swap (obd1 injectors). He put in another set of injectors and said that he had to cut off a "notch" in the middle of the injectors (not the clips) so his obd1 plugs would fit. Now the car runs, but it runs sluggish as the revs climb very slow (untill 3-4k rpm). I think he had obd0 injectors (iirc, I had to cut off a similar notch to run obd0 injectors w/ resistor box inmy old civic), but someone else said he had obd2 injectors (thought you had to change the clips completely?).
So far from searching, everyone mentions modding clips and such, but I haven't seen anything about the connectors on obd0/1/2 injectors. Basically, I'm trying to figure out what the injectors he got were so we can help figure the problem out a little better (they "almost" plugged in, but he had to cut off a notch in the middle of the injector itself for his obd1 clip to go on). Thanks for any help. later.

PS. I figured this would be the best place to post this, sorry if it wasn't.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: injector question, confused (re: obd0/1/2 connectors), thanks. (AmauryR)

if he had to sand down the notch of the odb1 clips then the injectors that you have are odb0 injectors, just comfirm it by measuring the resistance of the injectors to see if there peak and hold, if they are they will work without a resistor but, there are some odb0 injectors that only flow like 60cc, I believe its the hf crx, but correct me if i'm wrong
Old 11-13-2007, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: injector question, confused (skellator_thoj)

I'll tell my friend to pull off the injectors so I can measure them. He told me he modded the injectors themselves, because his obd1 clips wouldn't go over them (only 1/2 way). He said that between the 2 pins on the injectors, there was a small notch on the inside of the injector connector itself he cut off and his obd1 clips went on tight. I heard his car w/ the injectors, the car sounds like a subaru and ticks like it needs a valve adjustment. Then when he told me about the injector modding, then I thought he might have had some peak and hold injectors (needing the resistor box) and not saturated like oems. thanks anyways. I'll try and locate a set of obd1 saturated injectors for him to compare his set vs the saturated injector set.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: injector question, confused (AmauryR)

well, they were obd0 injectors, thanks skellator. I found a site (forgot link ), and I measured his old ones and the "new" ones... old ones were all 11.5 ohms except for one @ 11.8, the "new" ones were 2.2->2.4 ohms mixed. I found him a set of saturated injectors, but the car still sounds like a scooby . He had 'em in for a bit and then called me up about it. Would running those obd0 peak and hold injectors mess anything up? Even with the new injectors, car runs extremely sluggish under 3krpm and doesn't really get any better. Thanks anyways.

PS. Ecu trips no codes, and doesn't light up abnormally. Everything "seems" fine, even checked his grounds (there's 0.2-0.3 ohms resistance when I check diff points from ground->engine,chassis,etc...)