Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Info on 86 CRX Si swap???

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info on 86 CRX Si swap???

I am having trouble finding info for swapping an 01' gsr into an 86' CRX. How about clearances, stopping, handling(I know, I know). Any help would be great, thanks
Old 12-31-2002, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Info on 86 CRX Si swap??? (bigblockEG)

I am having trouble finding info for swapping an 01' gsr into an 86' CRX. How about clearances, stopping, handling(I know, I know). Any help would be great, thanks
hasport.com mount kit, axle shaft and shift linkage for the b-series swap ... then their harness conversion or do that yourself (easy if its an Si) ...

clearances = none, very tight squeeze, IACV to firewall has about 1" clearnce and Toda header to radiator has 0.5" clearance ... it literally utilizes 100$ under the hood but it does fit ... also if you gotta change clutch or drop tranny, you need to pull the entire motor out.

Roger on this page has that - take a search for user "etown" something - thats him

greg

greg
Old 12-31-2002, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Info on 86 CRX Si swap??? (CHEETAH)

I have the opportunity to get this Si crx but, I don't know if I want to go with it. If I do, I am going to want to do some serious rear suspension work but you can't do too much with that god awful stock suspension...
Old 01-02-2003, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

like greg said go to hasports site it can give you the entire lowdown and well as the parts. keep in mind you will also need to get hubs and knuckles from a 86-89 integra. those slightly bigger brakes will be plenty of stopping power.
I am going to want to do some serious rear suspension work but you can't do too much with that god awful stock suspension...
god awful? thats up for debate but there is alot of suspension parts still available; torsion bars, shocks, springs, coilover conversions, adjustable panhard rod(must have). you can get these through OPM motorsports or red pepper racing.
i told someone in another post: its not cheap, its not easy(unless gregs around ) but when you get it done its all worth it. if the car is in good shape (rear quarters, floors, rear crossmember intact) i say go for it. good luck.
-Roger
Old 01-02-2003, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Info on 86 CRX Si swap??? (E-Town4229)

good info, thank you much
Old 01-02-2003, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a 1987 Crx with a B16 in it. It is the second gen B16 and it is a tight fit. The GSR intake manifold will not fit. It will rub the firewall. The manifold could be swapped out to an aftermarket item and then it may fit. (Cannot guarantee this will clear the master cylinder though).
It is a good swap and makes for a fast street car. The wiring is the most complicated of the swap though.
Start with a fuel injected car if possible. If you don't the gas tank, fuel pump and fuel lines will all have to be changed.

Good luck.
PM me for more info on my swap.
Old 01-02-2003, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Info on 86 CRX Si swap??? (87sivtec)

ahhhh forgot about the gsr manifold. i think that hasport got one to work but with serious firewall "massaging." i have a type r manifold and i had to make a dent for some decent clearance. call hasport.
-Roger
Old 01-03-2003, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Info on 86 CRX Si swap??? (E-Town4229)

i have a 87 crx si and am going crvtec, but am having a little trouble getting the front radiator mounts just right for a fluidyne aluminum....it handles like a beast tho

have ground control with 450 lb spring inserts in the rear, tokico 5 ways and susp. techniques sway bars...you do have to get all the bs for the 1st gen. integra...

check http://www.hasport.com and they have all the linkages, etc. on their tech listings the clutch linkage very nice which i have