Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Incoming engine held up in customs...grrrr...

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Incoming engine held up in customs...grrrr...

i've been sitting here in texas for two weeks, now...last wednesday (7/9) i blew up my motor. the next day, i ordered a b16a2 from Honda Heaven in arlington, texas... they told me they would have several b16's coming in from japan on the following tuesday. i sent them a deposit, at which time they informed me that i would not be able to pick it up until wednesday or more likely, thursday. they said they would call me when they came in. after not hearing from them yet, i called them yesterday afternoon, and they told me that the engines came in on monday, but that they were still in the cars and had license plates on them. because of that, customs is holding them for an undetermined amount of time in order to straighten out the paperwork. when i asked why i wasn't informed of the delay, i was told that he had only known for three hours and that i was on his list of people to call. (this was at 4:30pm) when i asked how long it would take yet, he said he didn't know about the customs part, but that it would be about a day after they let everything go. i asked them to call me when they heard something. i tried calling them today, but got no answer. has anyone ever dealt with this before and can give me any idea how long this will take or have any idea what i can do about it?
Old 07-17-2003, 03:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Incoming engine held up in customs...grrrr... (S8P-tuner)

Yes, I definitly have been there done that with JDMClub.

Do NOT deal with a bunch of BS, get paperwork, copies of paperwork, tracking information and push those people to get it to you.

If they want to play around and do any sort of things, depending on the case, make the exception, within limits, other than that, it is THEIR responsibility to get your product you purchased to YOU within a timely manner and stick to what they have told you. Otherwise, it's false information and you deserve a partial if not full refund.
Old 07-17-2003, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Incoming engine held up in customs...grrrr... (poison)

yeah get some paper work. i was F^cked over waiting for my h22. i was told that "they didn't use tracking #'s" F that! i called the shipping company, got the real story......
BTW i bought the motor from Atomic Perforance they suck!!!!
Old 07-17-2003, 04:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Incoming engine held up in customs...grrrr... (cccya)

Whoa you bought your motor from Atomic??

I was on their board wayyyy back in the days. That sucks *** you got **** from them
Old 07-18-2003, 08:10 AM

Default Re: Incoming engine held up in customs...grrrr... (poison)

i just called them again, and they told me that it's going to be another couple of days. they supposedly found out yesterday that the container was in dallas but has not been cleared yet. don't anyone call and let me know...
Old 07-18-2003, 09:16 AM

i just called the dallas customs office and told them my story about the whole honda heaven case. the guy there told me that if the shipment has not been cleared, it would not be off the carrier ship. if it is in dallas, it has been cleared. he told me to get the entry number for the shipment, to find out what the actual status is, so i called honda heaven for the number and they told me to call back in 30-45 minutes...
Old 07-18-2003, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who are you dealing with at Honda Heaven?

I'm pretty sure at least ONE of them posts on H-T.com

Pretty dang sure.
Old 07-18-2003, 09:32 AM
Brrraaaap!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Incoming engine held up in customs...grrrr... (Jonathan_EH)

But you have everything else for the swap? That sucks that you have to wait for the engine, never fails,something stupid like this always pops up with a swap.

Blaze
Old 07-19-2003, 11:12 AM

Default Re: Incoming engine held up in customs...grrrr... (Blaze45)

i got a call yesterday, shortly after my last post, and things got a little straightened up. i still don't have an engine, but at least it looks a little less shady on their part. they offered to go get my engine right away instead of waiting for a bigger truck to bring in the whole shipment. unfortunately, it is saturday, and i still don't have it. i also don't have anywhere to work on it again until tuesday (the shop i'm using to put it in is closed on sundays and mondays), so at the soonest, i'm not home again until thursday, and that's assuming we can get it in all in one day. if i would have known this, i would have gone with someone else, pay the extra $250 in shipping, and have it in three days like everyone else was guaranteeing. it's not like it hasn't cost me more than $250 to stay here for an extra week.
Old 07-19-2003, 03:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought you were staying with some? Food isn't $250 a week is it? lol
Old 07-19-2003, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Incoming engine held up in customs...grrrr... (Jonathan_EH)

i am staying with my bf's parents, but they're retired and can't support a family of six (including me, my bf, and his 2 kids) for an extra week...also consider more water/electrical consumption=higher utility bills along with the food for four extra people 3+ times per day. and the fact that bills come in regardless of what happens, and i can't be at my shop doing work (that is piling up) and at my parents' theater doing my work there while i'm waiting down here. this idle time is killing me. this is pretty much all i do all day now. i sit on this damn computer until my *** hurts, go smoke a cigarette, come back, and repeat. i don't mind being lazy when i know the bills are paid...but that's not the case...
Old 07-19-2003, 11:30 PM

tow the bastard to home....get a refund of the engine...and do the swap where you are comfortable.....unless they already shipped the motor.

You can write off the tow as work expense..isnt it a co. car?
Old 07-21-2003, 12:18 PM

I think you shoulda purchased from JDM HondaParts. I know they sometimes can be a little bit more expensive, but there was no bullshit and I got my engine quick ( like 3-4 days ) with no hassles... AND they tracked it for me AND it was REALLY clean when I got it. So for me JDM HP gets
Old 07-23-2003, 05:48 PM

Default Re: (sivik2nr)

had i known that this was going to take an extra 10 days or so, (i was told today that i'll have the engine on friday...i'm sure they'll have another excuse for me then...) i would have gone with someone else. the idea that Honda Heaven was local if i have any problems, cheaper because i can pick it up from them, and was supposed to be just as quick as everyone else, i figured it would be best to go with them. everyone else wanted $2500-3000 plus $250-400 for shipping, which would take at least 3-4 days. that didn't seem like that good of a deal compared to the $2400, no S&H, and the same amount of time...unfortunately, things did not go as planned. i just want to get home...
Old 07-25-2003, 06:01 PM

Default Re: (S8P-tuner)

if anyone is still reading this thread, please go to https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=573682

thanks...