Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Imagine getting a complete GSR teg to strip parts off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2002, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Imagine getting a complete GSR teg to strip parts off.

Well this may be the case for me.

So in regards to interior what can I put in my 93 civic hatch? Door panels? Dash? I'm thinkin there would be some customization required hey? Apparently this teg I may have a chance at has leather also.

If I get the car I'll be taking all the suspension and braking system to swap into my vic, not mention the complete motor swap and rad etc etc.

Old 12-31-2002, 05:48 AM
New User

Default Re: Imagine getting a complete GSR teg to strip parts off. (Hybrid)

Door panels will not fit but everything else will. There are two schools of thought on getting the door panels to fit. One is to cut out or soften the plastic on the civic door panels behind the area where they meet the teg dash and then just mold them to the new contour. the other is to cut them in half and graft the front half of the teg pannel to the back half of the civic one. Either option is going to require a lot of carefull work to make it look right and you may have to re-vinyl the panel. Car stereo nuts have been doing this kind of stuff for years though so the knowledge is out there.

Good luck on your project. I would love to have a sacrificial victm, uhh,... donor.. to play with

Mike

Old 12-31-2002, 08:34 AM

Default Re: Imagine getting a complete GSR teg to strip parts off. (92sleepR)

wow. So your saying the dash fits in there no prob with out any mods? I could live with the civic door panels I suppose.

But I'm sure I could get some one crafty enough to make them fit.
Old 12-31-2002, 08:51 AM
New User

Default Re: Imagine getting a complete GSR teg to strip parts off. (Hybrid)

I have not swapped the dash myself and I hear that there is some slight triming involved but the swap is common enough so it obviously works. The seats are a direct swap. All on the under-hood stuff either drops right in or can be made to fit, and the syspension is a direct swap. The EG and DC2 chassis are virtually identical. The teg is just like 3 inches longer (which is why the door panles wont fit).

Mike