Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im pissed! What should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2002, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im pissed! What should I do?

ARGH!!!! Im Pissed!!!! What Should I do?
Ok, after not driving my car for three weeks. I finally get all my parts together and have the time to get my ride going again. After a bit of aggrivation (Koni instructions suck!). I get my shocks and spring on my car. This is after the aggravation of prothane bushings last weekend. So now I have everything on the car. Full integra suspension and brakes w/ new pads and rotors, stainless lines, new bushings... all torqued down ready to go. Now for the under the hood part. We have a flare wrench cause I know the fittings arent easy to get off on the proportioning valve. I get four out of six but cant get the last two no matter what. clip the lines so they can be reflared. Next we get the booster in which was a great pain in my ***. I hate that thing. ok so we reflare the lines match the lines to the master cylinder after bench bleeding it. Everything is ready to go . Tightening down the master cylinder and lines. Leaking at one of the reflares. Also leaking where the booster and master cylinder line up. I tightne the blots again and snap. THERE GOES THE STUD. DAMN IT. Now my car is stuck because of that stupid stud. Now what should I do? ANd why is it leaking behind the master cylinder? It was still on super tight with just one stud. Im just ready to drive my car again.

Ok here are my options as I see them( using one inch LS MC and Booster currently):

1 Repair booster

2 Buy new LS booster

3 Buy GSR MC to go w/ the extra GSR booster I have sitting around.

4 Use stock booster and MC for now and upgrade later
Old 06-24-2002, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Im pissed! What should I do? (White Lightnin)

sorry i didnt really feel like reading all of it - but what i did read gives me this idea, instead of re-flaring GSR ABS lines, why not go buy an Integra RS MC, no ABS lines to mess with..
Old 06-24-2002, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Im pissed! What should I do? (navin)

Its not like I can just go out and buy the lines. I work all day and the junkyards near my house arent going to have a type R. Thanks for the suggestion though. My real problem exists w/ the master cylinder not w/ the lines.