Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

im lookin for b16 hp increase...help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im lookin for b16 hp increase...help!

im lookin for a b16 for my 94 coupe...i really want to smoke my friends whos got a 2000 si with no work done...if i just get a b16 what could i do for extras to be able to beat him, without spending too much money!
Old 07-21-2003, 10:48 AM

Default Re: im lookin for b16 hp increase...help! (prettynicecivic)

you should take him just as is but depends on the driver....
Old 07-21-2003, 12:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should be able to get him.
Old 07-21-2003, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: im lookin for b16 hp increase...help! (poison)

H23 Vtec is the only way that you will beat that mini-van.

Dude, you should beat him.
Old 07-21-2003, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you got some hate in your blood.
if your a better driver you can take him. gl
Old 07-21-2003, 01:28 PM

TRIAL USERS who think with every other muscle instead of the right one

Modified by Nyc y0!!! at 6:14 PM 7/21/2003
Old 07-21-2003, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

okay to answer your question...

the best bang for your buck is ITR cams...

They can be had for about 300 a set and will give you over 10whp without a problem. The best "bolt on" there is... if u can call cams a bolt on.
Old 07-21-2003, 09:38 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by prettynicecivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im lookin for a b16 for my 94 coupe...i really want to smoke my friends whos got a 2000 si with no work done...if i just get a b16 what could i do for extras to be able to beat him, without spending too much money!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why not build a car for yourself, instead of "trying" to smoke your friend. That has to be one of the dumbest reasons to modify a car. ...........
So you spend 3k trying to beat your friend in a race whats that going to accomplish? Now you've won a race against your buddy who has a stock car yipee. And as your pulling around a corner after the race (i can almost guarantee it's going to be on a public street) some guy lines up next to you with his hybrid civic hb that is turbo'd, he kills you ...then what your on a quest to build a faster car then that guy?? There is always going to be a faster car somwhere. Hell I had the fastest honda around(my area) for the longest while, now I'm sure there is someone else that has a faster honda then me now because i really don't care about beating the guy next to me at the light, to me it's about beating that guy in the camaro,mustang,or even the vett at the track.
You can have two identicle cars same exact set-up and making the same exact power, but only one will come out on top, because it comes down to the driver ability....
Don't mean to ramble on but is it worth spending that much money only to beat your friend? You should be working with him not against him..

Modified by b16ahybrid at 9:25 AM 7/22/2003
Old 07-21-2003, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: im lookin for b16 hp increase...help! (b16ahybrid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16ahybrid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Why not build a car for yourself, instead of "trying" to smoke your friend. That has to be one of the dumbest reasons to modify a car. ...........
So you spend 3k trying to beat your friend in a race whats that going to accomplish? Now you've won a race against your buddy who has a stock car yipee. And as your pulling around a corner after the race (i can almost gurantee it's going to be on a public street) some guy lines up next to you with his hybrid civic hb that is turbo'd, he kills you ...then what your on a quest to build a faster car then that guy?? There is always going to be a faster car somwhere. Hell I had the fastest honda around(my area) for the longest while, now I'm sure there is someone else that has a faster honda then me now because i really don't care about beating the guy next to me at the light, to me it's about beating that guy in the camaro,mustang,or even the vett at the track.
You can have tow identicle cars same exact set-up and making the same exact power, but only one will come out on top, because it comes down to the driver ability....
Don't mean to ramble on but is it worth spending that much money only to beat your friend? You should be working with him not against him..</TD></TR></TABLE>
right there, the best post of the ******* day folks.
That is me in a nutshell... out to prove my Honda can ride with the big boys...and beat em.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:27 AM

Default Re: im lookin for b16 hp increase...help! (slow_a$$_eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slow_a$$_eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
right there, the best post of the ******* day folks.
.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Day folks? When does the day time end and the night time begin? 10:38 pm?
Old 07-22-2003, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: im lookin for b16 hp increase...help! (b16ahybrid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16ahybrid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Day folks? When does the day time end and the night time begin? 10:38 pm?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Who cares? Pull the stick out of your ***. Besides, your post says 12:38AM.
Old 07-22-2003, 03:38 PM

Default Re: im lookin for b16 hp increase...help! (WAFFLES)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WAFFLES &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Who cares? Pull the stick out of your ***. Besides, your post says 12:38AM.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Uh 10:38 PST..........Stick up my ***..yeah sure...
I'm just sick of all these idiots around where i live.... nothing but (excuse the old played out term) ricers... I still have my civic but choose not to drive it on the street because i cant even go to the grocery store with my daughter without some immature punk reving his engine at me, which brings unwanted attention to me because of the other dumbass....I don't need that kind of attention i'm not 18 y/o.
I love my car and i've owned it for over 6 years, but it's imabarassing to be classified with most of the import crowd (where i live)....

I bring that up because latley it seems as though everybody has become obsessed with beating this guy or that guy and not enjoying the hobby of modifying their car like when i first got into cars.
I have people saying "oh i raced him (speaking of me) and beat him badly...
ok for one that race never happend ( don't street race)
and two the people saying thes things only have the basic bolt-ons with the stock sohc....nothing wrong with that but a civic with 105whp doesn't stand much of a chance against one with over twice the power.....(not trying to sound errogant)....
It used to be everybody hanging out having a good time, enjoying their cars, now it's loud **** cans, with wings that recieve satalite tv (if turned correctly), and a lot of punks (maybe it's just taking a while for the trends to reach up here, but i want nothing to do with it....I never meant to rag on this guy (original post), and I still don't. I guess it came out a little strong, and sounded derogatory...