Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i'm about to torch a 50k car.... if I don't have an answer...... point of no return..... i've had en

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i'm about to torch a 50k car.... if I don't have an answer...... point of no return..... i've had en

ACT pressure plate 2nd gen (old one worked great)
ACT prolight flywheel stock, never machiend brand new
ACT center disck stock brand new

slave cylinder and master not issue

clutch is always engaged.

only thing replaced was flywheel an center disc

3rd time tearing it down to inspect h22a into civic..

do you guys ever machine the flywheel negative more than the -0.70 factory act prolight mesuremnt..

i've fully extended the car's slave cylinder beyond scope using shims... still will not disengage clutch,. worked fine before,

so either flywheel index needs to be machined beyond ACT or disc is not right somewhow...

idea's?
Old 09-26-2006, 01:06 PM

Default Re: i'm about to torch a 50k car.... if I don't have an answer...... point of no return..... i've ha

Throw out bearing is on the clutch fork properly?

Sounds to me maybe the disc is too fat or possibly the pressure plate is wrong type for the clutch disc.

Since it's a labor intensive job to troubleshoot, my best advice would be to replace all of the clutch components (disc, pressure plate and TOB), and call it a day.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: i'm about to torch a 50k car.... if I don't have an answer...... point of no return..... i've ha

disc is new ACT, organic street disc, ACT flywhel prolight, brand new, only part that is used is the clutch itself, worked great before i drove the car in the shop.

throw out bearing is correct. mesured new ACT one from same asembly all same spec

work is correctly installed. as pivot point.

i don't have the stock disc anymore to compare the thicness. so mayve the flywheel needs to be machined more for clerances because it was spec at .070- thousands. offsentered from the clutch assembly point.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:44 PM

Sounds like it's possibly an offset problem with the flywheel. Hard to troubleshoot not being there.

I would contact ACT about the situation.