Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IAB, who needs them?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IAB, who needs them?

Anyone ever tried pulling out their IAB's? I know that they are there for better fuel economy, but they're restrictive. I took mine out and the car runs great. Had to replace the gaskets, but no major problems. Anyone else ever do this and have any luck?
Old 01-02-2003, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: IAB, who needs them? (Specail Ed)

Anyone ever tried pulling out their IAB's? I know that they are there for better fuel economy, but they're restrictive. I took mine out and the car runs great. Had to replace the gaskets, but no major problems. Anyone else ever do this and have any luck?
Heh, I dont have mine hookup cause my butt dyno tells me my car feels slower with it hookup. So I just disconnected them and run them open all the time, feels great to me.
Old 01-02-2003, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: IAB, who needs them? (fastwanabe)

Well I know that my car runs shitty, and it might be because those damn things stay shut the whole time

I used to goto the races all the time and this white sentra with some sort of swap always used to kick my ***, and then one day we were working on my car and I tested that damn IAB, it has vacuum when the car starts, but it never cuts out at 5700 or whatever like it is supposed to. So by unplugging that hose the car felt faster, and the next time I went to the races, I unplugged that hose and I smote that sentra by a good length. I talked to the guy after and he asked if I finally fixed what was wrong with my car (he was a cool guy and he was surprised that he smote me all the times he did).

But long story short, IAB's suck!!!