Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IAB solenoid sensor wire up. HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IAB solenoid sensor wire up. HELP!!!

I just did a b18c1 OBD1 swap in my teg and i need to wire up the IAB. But i dont have the plugs that go into the sensor so i have to wire up my own wires. But apparently i dont know which pin is what. there are 2 pins, one on top of the other. im running a p72 ecu. i beleive one wire goes to ecu A17 but i dont know where the other one goes to. 12v or ground? but my main concern is what pin is what on the sensor. anyones help is greatly appreciated. thanks...

o yeah, the motor has just been installed so i can not start the car yet.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: IAB solenoid sensor wire up. HELP!!! (RaceInspired)

i believe the top pin is pink/blue and bottom is yellow/black. pink/blue goes to A17 on your ecu and yellow/black you can splice into the the yellow/black on the IAC or Evap purge control yellow/black. please someone correct me if im wrong.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: IAB solenoid sensor wire up. HELP!!! (ubreak_ubuy)

im not sure of the wire harness difference on the tegs and civic but when i put my b18c in my eg all i had to do was unpin and repin at the ecu, there was no going after a hot wire or ground. mine works perfectly. hope this helps & works for you
Old 03-24-2005, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: IAB solenoid sensor wire up. HELP!!! (EGDC2CIVIC)

Here's the correct way: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=942231
Old 04-04-2005, 11:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: IAB solenoid sensor wire up. HELP!!! (sleeperciv)

I've been fiddling with this over the past few days too. The specimen is a '92-'95 Civic hatch (DX I believe) and a B18C motor with OBD-1 GS-R engine wiring harness and OBD-1 ECU.

I had to fiddle with the MAP sensor, EVAP purge, knock sensor, and IAB wiring.

Here's what I've come up with on the IAB wiring. You can ask me about the other stuff later....or you can bug kenji...he knows what's going on.

1.) I didn't need to worry about wiring the YLW/BLK (+) wire for the IAB since I'm using a GS-R harness...because it's already implemented.
If you're using a non-GS-R harness without the IAB socket already included, then you need to wire the YLW/BLK (+) to the injector/IACV/EVAP/O2 (+) distribution block found on the driver-side of the engine harness. The cleanest way to do it would be to pin it in an empty slot, but chances are that there won't be any open slots, so you'll have to tap it into one of the existing wires

2.) The PNK/BLU (-) wire for the IAB solenoid hooks up to the driver-side of the engine harness (not the passenger-side like you would intuitively think...being that the ECU is on that side and all...duh!). It's junction 126/304 (if you have a manual [pg11-16 Civic Helm]). The PNK/BLU wire on the 126-side joins to a RED wire on the 304-side. That 304 side pins out to A20 on the ECU for the EVAP purge solenoid.
You repin A20 at the ECU harness to A17. That takes care of the IAB wiring.

Another solution might be to just lengthen the EVAP purge solenoid socket wiring to reach over to the IAB solenoid.

You can either call it a day or repin A20 for the EVAP purge solenoid to work. Maybe more on that later when I think of a good way to do it.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:27 AM
Keyboard Humorist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: IAB solenoid sensor wire up. HELP!!! (IN VTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IN VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
...That 304 side pins out to A20 on the ECU for the EVAP purge solenoid.
You repin A20 at the ECU harness to A17. That takes care of the IAB wiring.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

So if you do it following this method aren't you disabling The EVAP purge solenoid?
I know it should run just fine and all... just curious though because it really seems like it.